ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netflix comes to UK in 2012

Citroen DS3 DSport
Content could be better but for £5.99 per month there are plenty of programmes available i want to watch.

I've been using the trial tonight.

It's ok, but I won't be paying for it. The series are too old. E.g Dexter is 4 series behind.

A couple of movies are quite recent (Buried, The Switch).

If the content was new, I'd pay £20 easily for the content.

Exactly. I've already seen all the old stuff. I want to watch new films and new tv shows.

RIP Dan
The Ultimate Farce is brilliant.

Chris Ryan was in it for a bit as Ross Kemps counterpart wasn't he?

I still can't get mine to work through ATV, got to stream through the Wii, pain in the butt.

DCi
Apparently netflix via Windows Media Centre is only available to the yanks.

and trying it through XBMC didn't work either.

I think I'll just stick to how I used to get hold of shows and upgrade my storage ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Same here, I'll have watched every TV series I want to on there within 3 months, if they don't update often then I'll cancel at that time.

SQ5
Just signed up for the free trial.

On my iPad the quality is poor, like as if I'm watching a video on YouTube when it was first online.

Same on the Xbox, is it just me or is everyone's like this? Quality is no where near ATV or iPlayer?

Quality is top notch on iPhone, PS3, Apple TV and the netflix website for me. Even better for the HD stuff.

SQ5
Think it's down to my Internet speed. Looks like it buffers low res and high res so if high res hasn't buffered it will show low res so it's continuous!

Loving it so far!

SQ5
Content is quite good for a newcomer, hoping by the time my free month is up that they'll be more as I'll of watched everything. Needs more US shows Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement and the usual E4 shows that are quite good!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I've just Started on a free trial.

Whilst the content is old, I reckon there is enough to keep me going for the trial and maybe pay for a few months.

Unless they start getting stuff at the same time as everyone else, it'll be pointless in the long term IMO.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They have been adding content on a regular basis, I noticed several films and TV series last night that had not previously been available. Long way to go to match the US selection but still worth £5.99 per month.

Z4
Canceled mine today as tbh, it's got seriously outdated content, rubbish!

Was worth it for dexter. Have downloaded series 3&4 for free in better quality lol

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I signed up for the free trial today, you get £15 cashback if you go through Quidco, nice :cool:

a lot of old stuff on there, but it has kept my 4 year old entertained all day

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just signed up for the free trial.

On my iPad the quality is poor, like as if I'm watching a video on YouTube when it was first online.

Same on the Xbox, is it just me or is everyone's like this? Quality is no where near ATV or iPlayer?

Nope, quality is surprisingly good, although some stuff is better than others

Tried this on my XBox, PS3, laptop & phone so far, love the fact that I can watch stuff pretty much anywhere

You can change quality settings online.

Anyway am gonna cancel as running out of worthwhile content, love film any better?

Clio 1.2 16V
Fair point lol, don't think ill carry mine on now. Wouldn't actually mind paying 5.99 or w.e if there was decent content...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Signed upto this so i can watch stuff at work but no f**king silverlight and I cant install it :(

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Won't be keeping it past the trial.

Might give the love film one a go if I can get a freebie.

Megane 225 F1
Biggest pile of crap I have ever used. Watched Top gun on it and that is it so far. Nothing on there has tickled my pickle or that I haven't seen before / own on dvd.