ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netflix Subscribers on Xbox..

Don't know whether of you have done this already but ive just done this little trick and im quite impressed!

Thought id share with you all unless this might be a repost? Dunno, whatever, trying to be helpful aha.

Ive managed to get the whole American Netflix library on my xbox! ive had Netflix for 2 days now and well, got bored of it straight away. Looked up a few tricks and tips and well the American Library is almost 3x as big! Got into TheWalkingDead and everything thanks to this thing!
So if you want American Netflix on your xbox do this simple trick!

- With your xbox on, press the Guide Button (middle button on your controller)

- Scroll to the far right tab and click on "System Settings"

- go down to "Network Settings"

- click on the Wifi Youre using.

- "Configure Network"

- Go down 1 to DNS Settings

- set to "Manual"

and enter these 2 codes (I think this is pretty much your server address, by putting this in youre tricking your xbox to thinking youre in America haha)

Primary:
190.15.35.90 (enter the decimal points)
Secondary:

Press done and launch Netflix!
It takes longer than usual to boot up and on my first attempt I had to "retry" to connect to their server, but got in on the second try and well, the library is very impressive!

Ive looked this up more on tinterwebs and well Netflix knows of it and theyre doing nothing to stop it as long as youre a paying customer they couldn't care less what library you use as for example if you actually went to America and opened up your Netflix over there, youd obviously be connected to American servers and they will let you use that library! so as long as youre a paying customer they don't care.
Bonus!

320d M Sport
Did this too. It changed back (automatically) after a few weeks and wouldn't change again then.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Seems the DNS I've been using has now stopped working, tried the above any just sat loading for ages. Anyone got any other DNS settings?

Is the normal Netflix any good via the Xbox?

What happens, do you stream the films or do you have to download then watch?

Also, with 3mg wifi, will it be ok or to slow to stream?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is the normal Netflix any good via the Xbox?

What happens, do you stream the films or do you have to download then watch?

Also, with 3mg wifi, will it be ok or to slow to stream?

It's crap imo, I have a PC hooked up to my TV though so use it for both UK and USA netflix which just about justifies the cost.

It's all streaming, I've not had a connection that slow since Netflix UK launched so can't comment :p

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
They work for wii? Cant find any that work for my mrs wii...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Every code uv found hasnt worked.. Il try these ones later.. Hopefully it will work for her..

Nippy white cup
Stopped working on the xbox but I use Hola! on firefox on my laptop and that works spot on...

Actually I just tried to watch Walking dead and it has gone off now...f**k I was just getting through it too! :(
Scratch that.....just went to select sites and it was unticked for some reason!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its piss easy. I wouldnt have my Netflix subscription if I didnt have it ported to US.

Loads of good stuff on there. The yanks, like me, seem to share a passion for sports documentaries.

Fully recommend the 30 for 30 documentaries, Breaking Bad (oblig), Orange is the New Black, Archer, Arrested Development, House of Cards, Red Bull docs (Millen mountain being a highlight) and loads of good films.

Just changed DNS on my atv; but Netflix is stuck on 'Accessing Netflix' for ages, then get a Netflix is Currently Unavailable message.

I take it I'm only supposed to be entering the Primary DNS, as there's only space for one...