ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Cup owner - some Q's

Various
Hi All

Just bought Papercup's 172 Cup, some Q's and sorry if these have been done before:

Top up oil - which brand, spec?
Coolant - ditto?

Tyre pressures - it is on Michelin Exaltos. The book says 33 front, 30 rear which seems very high, is this right???

Many thanks!
Andrew

Weeman sucks ****
I've used Halfords own 5w40 for the last 50,000 miles and she runs fine but sure some oil snobs will kick me down. As long as you change it regularly with 5w40 rather than the 10w40 you'll be fine. Mines done 88,000 miles now with plenty track use and 4 ring trips in between, runs like a peach.

33/30 should be OK on the PE2's, give or take a psi to your preference.

Golf 7R
I have tried many varients of tyre pressure and found 30front and 30rear to be the best, as for oil try motul 5w 40 or the silkolene.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
All the advise i can give is DONT wash the engine !!!!

selling my 172 cup and washed the engine to smarten it up a little, and bang went the coil pack, sounds like an old war spitfire now !! pile of sh1te !! haha