ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 is mine (finally)

A 6 week wait but it was well worth it in the end. Picked it up last night and everything seems ok (fingers crossed) but the fuel consumption has only been about 26mpg for the 50 miles weve done and that includes at least 20 miles of dual carriageway... maybe things just need to loosen up? Anyway, happy so far and xenon headlights are excellent.

Lee

BMW M2C

Nice one asty. They are great, fun cars.

Its chucking it down with rain here, and even in the wet it has amazing levels of grip. More than any other FWD hatch Ive driven.

If its new, and its your first tank of fuel thats to be expected, mine was the same. By the 3rd tank it had sorted itself out. Mine has only ever had Optimax in it :)

The Xenons are great, not only do they do a good job, but everyone can spot you a mile off.

reset the trip and see what it gets on a run. Sometimes the trip aint been reset since it left the factory so it has stood running for a while so the average fuel consumption has dropped

The 172 makes my old 10 year old Corrado VR6 seem like a ford transit. The VR6 was so heavy and it wallowed round corners and the brakes were pathetic. Sure it was VERY fast but didnt corner and didnt brake. The 172 is so light and corners much better so Im a happy bunny.

btw - do you need a straightened coat hanger to get to the dipstick?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got thin arms and can just about get at it. I had more trouble getting it back in as I couldnt see the hole!!!! (ooooeeerr misses).

You can get in from the right just dont do it when the engine is hot ;)

good lad glad you are happy with it :D ive had mine a year now and im still grinning everytime i come back from a drive, as for the dipstick ive never had any problems reaching it