ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Owner, however, a few issues have occured

RenaultSport 172
Hi as above,

I bought a 172 in September from a small garage, after months of dispute, I gave up going round in circles.

Here are the problems:

1. Clutch release baring seems stuffed, on long journeys more than 10miles there is a horrible creaking sound from the pedal, gears change fine though.
  2. Weird idling, it seems that someone is nudging my seat from behind even when the car has been warmed up (30minutes)
  3. When turning I seem to get a creaking sound from the OSF (driver side) suspension?
Could anyone tell me what sort of prices i'll be looking at to get this rectified, my friends a mechanic and we will most likely to the work on his driveway if possible.

Does anyone know when the cambelt needs to be replaced as well? My engine has 57k on it now.

Thanks in advance,

Chet

RenaultSport 172
HA, I prefer my Punto GT, less problems!

I need to get the clutch sorted though it's really irritating me now, the pedal goes up in stages now, 1st stage below biting point then the second just stalls the car, then I get laughed at if I have passengers in the car.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
seriously pedal creaking in pressing/releasing when warm is quite common.

idle is crap and lumpy on them

creaking when turning is normal.

RenaultSport 172
seriously pedal creaking in pressing/releasing when warm is quite common.

idle is crap and lumpy on them

creaking when turning is normal.

Serious? Well, the clutch pedal on short journeys is fine, 15mile trip is creaky, more than 15 miles I think the cable might snap!

I don't think it's an issue with the clutch itself, is there an easy fix for this? Such as greasing the cable?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is a guide on how to fix it in the guides section.

My 172 was really bad for it, i replaced the cable, just put up with it in the end.

e92 330i
Mhm my pedal creeks after 20miles or so of use, feels abit firmer too, but nothing gone wrong in over 3 years. Touch wood.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cambelt needs changing every 5 years or 72k. If you haven't got record of it being changed I'd recommend you get it done asap.

Clutch can make a noise sometimes.

Idle can be lumpy but shouldn't get a feeling your seats being nudged. A remap helps as it lifts the revs at idle slightly making it much smoother.

Don't agree that creaking when turning is normal though.