ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner...

'02 172 Cliosport
​Picked up an 02 plate 172 yesterday, grinning from ear to ear today, so much fun to drive, feels like a super powered go kart.

lBEAeaT.jpg

Cost me £1430, in the last year it's had a new clutch, cambelt, water pump, exhaust. Back tyres are virtually new, front tyres have loads of tread. New disks/pads/calipers in the last year or two. Had a load of receipts for all work done. Mot until April next year, tax until end of October.

Alloys won't be to everyone's taste but I really do like them. The bodywork has some minor dinks and marks that can be touched up, it is an 11 year old car though so it's expected.

Had a budget of up to £2300 so still have £800 for any unexpected problems.

Only problem so far is constant buzzing noise in the car, google shows me it's the climate control sensor by the interior lights, will pick one of these up and change at the weekend.

Also got a £95 refund on my insurance as well. :D

Finally, there are some cliosport.net decals on the side skirts, wonder if this used to belong to somebody here. Apparently this was traded in when they bought a 197 from a guy in Cannock.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome!

Glad you're enjoying it

Part number for the climate control sensor/fan to stop the buzzing is 8200093290 easy to change yourself

'02 172 Cliosport
Welcome to the club, SixTwoSix!

Ta muchly!

Welcome!

Glad you're enjoying it

Part number for the climate control sensor/fan to stop the buzzing is 8200093290 easy to change yourself

Much obliged, I noticed the buzzing almost immediately while driving back, was pressing buttons all over to try and figure out what it was, at first assumed the fans were blowing.

EDIT: Only other issue is the thumb grips completely missing from the steering wheel, can only find carbon look ones online, is it possible to buy rubber grips?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No problem, it did my head in before I changed it

Not that I know of, its a common thing the thumb grips falling to bits. Have a search on here for steering wheel refurbs/retrim