ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 options

Alright all.

Ive just test drove a 182 cup at my local dealers and smiled the whole way through the drive. I prefer the 182 rather than the cup for the extrac comfort the seats appear to give and all the other extra buts.

A couple of questions for those who might know. Do you think there is any real difference with the cup suspension option? Also is the cup spoiler really that much bigger than the standard 182?

Thanks for your advice. Any other bits of info on buying a 182 would be most welcome.

Cheers

cheers. sheep, fubar.

What about the Recaro seats option? Do you have any thoughts on these?

I think the leather /alcantara ones feel pretty good but wouldnt mind if they hugged a bit more.

I have just read about a RS clio!? on this forum whats this baby all about, i havent seen or heard of it in any mags?

Eh finally is there a new clio on its way? I would hate to buy one now and find out a week later a new better one was on the horizon.

Ta

[Edited by obiWan on 5/7/2005 4:01:07 PM]

Lee

BMW M2C

The Recaros are lovely. The biggest benefit they have over the standard seats is they do hug more, but offer better shoulder support.

RS Clio just refers to RenaultSport.

The next hot Clio isnt out until Mid next year ish.

I went for both Cup options on my 182.

Lee

the RS clio is what youve just driven...

RS = RenaultSport.

New RS clio wont be for about another year.

Suzuki SV650

New RenaultSport Clio wont be here until early next year? So I wouldnt worry about that.

The RS clio IS the 172/182/Cup = RenaultSport Clio!

Lee, i take it you have the recaro seats. Do you have a pic of them? Are they a similar finish to the orignal seats or are they a completely different material?

For all the advantages of comfort and support are their any negatives?

cheers

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont have them, but sat in them yesterday at the Renault Sport track day at Brands hatch. I wish Id taken a picture now.

Ill be ordering them in my next one. They are in a similar finish and very comfortable. More aimed at comfort than genuine buckets, but still an improvement over the standard seats. Just the cost being an issue.

The only down side is that the rear seats are horrid if you have the Recaros. That doesnt really bother me as I never use them anyway.

Silver 172 Mk2

Hi,

Just come back to the site after 1 half years away from the fast car scene!! Bloody houses are expensive. Had a W reg 172 before and hopefully coming back to a 182. Looked at a Petrol Green one in Barwell tother day, stunning colour!!

Those recaro seats are amazing! I cant afford a brand new 182 so it wont have the recaros. Whats the chance of purchasing them at a later date? Will they be a straight swap?

Lee

BMW M2C

You can buy them from Recaro, but not from Renault. Renault will only supply them new with the car.

i think i wil have to save for this option too. or haggle with the dealer until he gives in.

their first offer was £1900 off list price b4 i started adding options. though the part exchange price for my present car was not as muchi i would have liked.

Will play them off against their sister dealer and let them see which one wants my cash more.

What do you think would be good price to get them down to any1? £2500-3000 of list?

those recaro seats look more comfy each time i look at them. can u see out the back window?

cheers. if i go for it i will hound them for this price.

i wont know until i have test drove the following

cooper S
Fabia VRS
Civ Type R
Leon Cupra

Test drove the new golf gti which was fcuking awesome but way too pricey.

Anyone got any opinions on the cars i list above?

Silver 182 F/F

I owned a Cupra before buying a 182,then got the 182 stolen a couple of weeks ago.When the insurance money comes through will def be going back to Seat,hopefully to a Cupra R they seem to be dropping in value due to new model due out later this year.