ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hello everyone,

I'm the new owner of a Silver 182 which I got on the weekend. I traded my Integra DC5 in for it which I'd had enough of after having some issues, noteably an engine change back in October so I ended up reverting the engine etc to standard and ironically, it was enjoying it more but the missus hated it and wanted it gone so I'm now in a lovely (but noisy) 06 plate FF Clio 182. I also really wanted something a tad smaller as I think it suits my driving style more.

Early impressions are the chassis feels very good if not better than the Teg, it doesn't move around as much as the DC5 and the brakes blow the Integra's away and I was running uprated brake lines and pads on the Integra. The Clio brakes are far far better, the engine seems to be nicer to pootle round in and I don't feel like thrashing it everywhere.

The chassis defintely feels better, only things that I don't like are the high seating position and you also sit far from the gearstick - this is where the Honda stands out by a mile, the seating position in the Integra is wonderful and the build quality are leagues apart sadly but I was kind of expecting that. The KTEC cat-back that's on it I'm not keen on, so will be selling it soon as it's having a custom system made in a few weeks. Apart from that I don't plan to tinker with it too much and will leave it as is.

In the meantime I'm going to read up on them more and have a look through the forum.

Cheers

Marc

Clio 172 Cup
Welcome mate I sold my k100 EP3 to get my clio cup, altho I do miss many things about the Honda the Cup is such a fantastic little car now mapped and breathing mods I enjoy it more than ever. Hope you enjoy the Clio 👍

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard. There are spacers under the seat that can be removed for a slight drop and a scenic or pms shifter will bring the gear knob closer. 👍

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Welcome mate I sold my k100 EP3 to get my clio cup, altho I do miss many things about the Honda the Cup is such a fantastic little car now mapped and breathing mods I enjoy it more than ever. Hope you enjoy the Clio 👍

Thanks mate, have never driven an EP3 but obviously very similar to the DC5. I did have KPRO on mine and some other mods, decat, exhaust etc but sold them in the end.

The Clio feels a very different car indeed, still getting used to it at the moment but I imagine in time I will settle to it. The clutch is a bit bizarre, very stiff and a very high biting point. I'm going to take it for a bit of a run tomorrow so hopefully I will get a better feel for it.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Welcome aboard. There are spacers under the seat that can be removed for a slight drop and a scenic or pms shifter will bring the gear knob closer. 👍

Ah cool, thanks for this mate! How do I locate and remove them then sorry?

Anything to bring the driving position down would be a massive help!

Cheers

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_155926412_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190330_155926412_HDR.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20190526_110245090_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190526_110245090_HDR - Copy.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20190617_144908439_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190617_144908439_HDR.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20190710_151044943_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190710_151044943_HDR.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 87
  • tapatalk_jpeg_1554059937886.jpg
    tapatalk_jpeg_1554059937886.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Teg Llyn Brenig March 2018.jpg
    Teg Llyn Brenig March 2018.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 89

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cool, thanks for this mate! How do I locate and remove them then sorry?

Anything to bring the driving position down would be a massive help!

Cheers
The seats are bolted in from under the car. There's 2 bungs by the sill that cover the outer nuts and the inner ones are near the exhaust tunnel and aren't protected from the elements. The inner two are a bit further towards the rear of the car than the outer two. I think you should be able to tip the seat forwards then backwards to remove the spacers so you can leave the wires connected. The airbag clip is a biatch!
The Clio certainly has its fair share of characteristics but they are worth living with for the fun they willingly give.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The seats are bolted in from under the car. There's 2 bungs by the sill that cover the outer nuts and the inner ones are near the exhaust tunnel and aren't protected from the elements. The inner two are a bit further towards the rear of the car than the outer two. I think you should be able to tip the seat forwards then backwards to remove the spacers so you can leave the wires connected. The airbag clip is a biatch!
The Clio certainly has its fair share of characteristics but they are worth living with for the fun they willingly give.

Thank you for this bud, really appreciate it. I've found a more comfortable position for now but it's something I may do in the future.

If I was ever to go down the bucket seats route, would the seats automatically be lower or would they still require lowered rails like the ones Jon Foz designs?

Thanks

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you for this bud, really appreciate it. I've found a more comfortable position for now but it's something I may do in the future.

If I was ever to go down the bucket seats route, would the seats automatically be lower or would they still require lowered rails like the ones Jon Foz designs?

Thanks
If your splashing out I'd say just go for the lowered frames. There's lots of variables with aftermarket seats/ side mounts though.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers guys, tempted to buy an OMP Trecento steering wheel as I can't get used to the massive wheel lol but I believe it won't pass its MOT if I fit an aftermarket wheel from what I've read so far? That's even with a resistor fitted to turn the Airbag light off.

Clio 172 Cup
I am just about to put a Renault sport sabelt wheel on mine if in doubt just keep the original wheel and swap it back for mot some places are more lenient than others providing you have a functioning horn