ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182

Thinking of getting the girlfriend a new 182!

What options are now available and whats the cheapest price about, probably would go for an import as i learnt from previous mistakes buying a new UK 172!

Do the imports come with the same warranty now as the UK spec cars?

Lee

BMW M2C

If the car is an EU import and you claim the warranty within the first 12 months then you will get 3 years.

Lost a lot more on my old UK spec 172 than the import boys did! Be mad to buy a uk car!

Anyone know what the imports go for? £11.5k?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Danny... on 31 August 2004

Lost a lot more on my old UK spec 172 than the import boys did! Be mad to buy a uk car!

Anyone know what the imports go for? £11.5k?
I traded in my 03 Import 172 and got roughly a grand less than the if it had been a UK car. I had however saved a lot more than that buying it.

http://www.motorpoint.co.ukMotorpoint have plenty in stock in Titanium and Black Gold. Starting around £11.6k Obviously you cant add the cup suspension or spoilers to that.

dk

911 GTS Cab

its not mad buying a UK car Danny, a lot of people on here have paid nearly the same as an import without the hassle it brings and you get to add the all important cup options.

If you were to add the options I have to an import car, I paid the same amount and got a UK car from a UK dealer.

Times have changed and imports are not such a good buy these days.

Ive just bourght a new UK 182 from my local Renault dealer and paid £13200, inc both cup packs, met paint, supagurd and a full tank of fuel. I did look into imports and internet deals but buying the car from just round the corner was a lot less hassle for me.

Quote: Originally posted by greer182 on 31 August 2004

what do you mean if you claim the warranty in the first 12 months you get 3 years:
what does this involve
Have a look for LeeM website he has a letter you have to send to Renault within the first yr. It tells Renault to change there database so your car is registered as having a 3yr UK warently. Therefore when you go for work in the 2nd and 3rd yrs Renault know your car is still under warently when they check there computer database.