ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 owner

2007 Clio 197
Hi all,

I bought myself a Clio 197 last November, and I think it's about time I actually joined a forum :)

The car is a boggo 2007 model, totally standard as far as I can tell. So far all I've done to it is wire in a Belkin Aircast bluetooth hockey puck so I can listen to music from my iPhone without messing around with aux cables. I've recently picked up one of those chinese WiFi OBD2 interface devices, so I'll be hacking around with that for the next few months to see what I can get out of it (I'm a bit of a geek - you may have heard of one of my other projects - http://howmanyleft.co.uk).

Anyway.. that's enough here. I'm off to find the right place to ask questions about dodgy thermostats and trustworthy RenaultSport indys in the South West :)

Cheers!

Olly

2007 Clio 197
Welcome!

Bet it was cool having your website mentioned on Topgear.

It was absolutely terrifying.. I'd got a call from one of their researchers a couple of hours earlier to say that the segment had made it in to the final edit, so I was manically trying to beef up the server to cope with the likely surge of visitors. The moment they read out the link on air I was sweating and shouting "NOOOOO" at the screen cos I wasn't done hacking yet.. I think I had about five minutes of downtime as the site got hammered before I got it finished.

But afterwards, very cool to rewind and watch the show again from the start without the feeling of epic dread... and the ad income helped a bit towards paying for the Clio :)