ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 owner

Mazda 6MPS
Hi all

I've just purchased a nice low mileage 197 which I pick up on Tuesday. Love the look of the car, but slightly unconvinced by the rear spoiler so hoping it will grow on me!

For the past 2.5 years, I've had a lightly modded Mazda 6mps putting out around 290bhp and just wanted something completely different, and the clio fits the bill perfectly.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum and will pay up shortly.

Cheers
clio pic 1.jpg

Clio 182, Audi A3
I used to have a black 197 without the spoiler but always fancied one as they just don't look 'sporty' enough without IMO.

Lovely looking motor right there.

Mazda 6MPS
I like it!

What's it lowered on?

Thanks for the welcomes and the positive comments. I think I'm starting to like the spoiler :cool:

I was wondering if it had been lowered as well actually. Previous owner says not, so I assumed it was the front splitter that made it look low at the front. There is still a bit of a gap in the arches too which made me think it was standard height.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the welcomes and the positive comments. I think I'm starting to like the spoiler :cool:

I was wondering if it had been lowered as well actually. Previous owner says not, so I assumed it was the front splitter that made it look low at the front. There is still a bit of a gap in the arches too which made me think it was standard height.

Do you have a side on pic?

Or, quickest way to tell. Look through the wheel spokes. If it's standard, there should be two orange dots (iirc for no cup chassis) on the springs.

The main reason it looks lowered is the wheels look lost in the arches, like mine, as its lowered without spacers.

Mazda 6MPS
Do you have a side on pic?

Or, quickest way to tell. Look through the wheel spokes. If it's standard, there should be two orange dots (iirc for no cup chassis) on the springs.

The main reason it looks lowered is the wheels look lost in the arches, like mine, as its lowered without spacers.
I pick the car up tomorrow so will have a look at the springs then. In the meantime, this is the only side on pic I have:

clio pic 2.jpg

197 Cup
Welcome, you have a nice motor there.. Defo keep the spoiler, it just makes it look the must nuts Love the splitter also. The two things I'm putting on mine next year