ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 which one!!!

GW Clio 200
Hi Fella's

I have'nt posted here for a long time.. I never thought I would ever be considering getting another Cliosports car, but I am.. after seeing this!!!

I have owned the Clio Cup 172 Clio 182, The Clio Trophy and loved every minute of them!!...I seriously had absolutely no intention of getting the 197 until today!! but I have to say from what I have read and from some of the pics I have seen, its a stunning looking car!!

no2018Medium.jpg

This is a picture of Dandan's 197 for those who don't know!!

I have been reading a few threads and have searched the forums for some of the answers that I seek, but need to ask some other questions!!!

Firstly... The 197 V 197 Cup.. can you configure the alloys.. I want the colour of the car above with the alloys off the car below..

Cup1.jpg

What kind of deals have people been getting from dealers for a new 197 / 197 Cup... I would be looking for March Delivery. Does the 197 Cup come in alot cheaper!!

Please post any pics you have of 197's or links to other pics!!!... I would love to see more if you have them..

Cheers!!!:D

The bottom car is a CupRacer and you cant spec those alloys. Only white alloys you can spec are the ones shown in the first picture.

Lee

BMW M2C
The bottom car is a CupRacer and you cant spec those alloys. Only white alloys you can spec are the ones shown in the first picture.

The bottom one is the race car, but the white wheels you can spec on the 197 are the same design. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/356552.htm

The wheels on the top car are the standard wheels refurbed in white.

You can also get the speedlines in black on a 197 Cup. With Cup packs or on a Cup the wheels in the first picture are anthracite.

Confusing enough? lol

GW Clio 200
356552-1.jpg

Thanks Lee

Thats exactly what I want without the Decals!!

What would I be speccing... whats the name of those wheels and are the any other extra's that I should absolutely have?

Thanks in advance fella's

Lee

BMW M2C
It depends what you want.

I've ordered a 197 Cup in white with recaro seats and aircon. I can live without all the toys as I'm used to not having them on the Trophy.

The car pictured is a full fat 197 (Dales Renault demo) in racing blue with xenon headlamps and white speedline alloys.

There are loads of options to go for now.

If you want toys go Full 197 with Cup packs (that's the same chassis as the R27 and Cup). I'd always add the recaro seats also. As I said, the white wheels are Speedlines.

Check out: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio197/
and
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio197cup/

You can get most the spec on there, but the site could use an update for some things.

Basically I've ordered this:
Cup8.jpg

Last edited:
bit of a hi-jack but anyone got a picture of a Cup in racing blue? Want to see what it looks like without the colourcoding

GW Clio 200
So if I have this right, the spoiler on the car in the first picture can be ordered now at the dealership...

My missus likes the wheels on dandans car now and I'm starting to prefer them too ( she has me trained well )

So let me get this straight!!!!

Is the car at the top a full fat 197 with white speedlines and cup spoiler?

Lee

BMW M2C
The top car is a Full fat 197 with a Renault spoiler, but not the Cup one. The wheels are standard 197 wheels painted white. It also has the Renaultsport front splitter.

The blue one with the stickers has the white Speedline wheels which you can spec onto the car, and the Cup spoiler also available from Renault.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

Wrong...

The Cup racer alloys (speedlines) are available as an option now on al lnew 197s....

I have just ordered a white FF 197 with Recaros, Xenons and the cup racer alloys as on the yellow cup car above....

Best options and colour in my opinion....

Wrong...

The Cup racer alloys (speedlines) are available as an option now on al lnew 197s....

I have just ordered a white FF 197 with Recaros, Xenons and the cup racer alloys as on the yellow cup car above....

Best options and colour in my opinion....

read the whole thread :rolleyes:

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Really like the 197 now, really grown on me. Pity it's not as quick as it should be!

GW Clio 200
Does anyone have any pics of a nimbus!! cant find any decent pics here!! I thought that colour would be alot more popular!!!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
356552-1.jpg

Thanks Lee

Thats exactly what I want without the Decals!!

What would I be speccing... whats the name of those wheels and are the any other extra's that I should absolutely have?

Thanks in advance fella's
Thats pretty much the car I've just ordered, but mine is without the stickers or the rear spoiler. The wheels are a £175 option on the car and imo worth every penny. I have also got the xenons and recaro's and in total I'm paying a little over £14700. There are some very good deals available and as prev linked go on renaultsport and post in the dealer section.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Cup is about £2k cheaper it seems from actual prices people have paid. Speccing Recaros is seen as a must - then it just depends what kinda toys you need - no A/C as standard on the Cup for example. Personally I think RB cups with the non-painted rubbing strips and mirrors look a little odd heh :) Get over to the RenaultSport.co.uk forums and post in the dealers section - you'll have offers within a matter of hours. Or buy a 2nd hand RB R27 and get hold of the White Speedlines later? There was one on Pistonheads with 800 miles on for £13.5k with Xenons...

Dan

GW Clio 200

I've ordered a 197 Cup in white with recaro seats and aircon. I can live without all the toys as I'm used to not having them on the Trophy.

Cup8.jpg

That looks lovely..

Im thinking of getting the car in white with white speedlines, the cup spoiler, the carbon fibre side skirts and the carbon splitter!!!.. I would like my car to look like the one on the right.. ( without the roof scoop!! )

loving this angle!!

cup3rr4.jpg

197 Sport
Hi Guys,
New to this site, well I was when i registered last March.
Delivery can be achieved by March 08, but only if you order really really quickly!
I ordered a new 197 sport yesterday, with the clio cup chassis (new option) and delivery is due mid march.
So get in there now if you want one mate!
I have waited nearly a year, wanted the Trophy last year, then realised the 197 would be out soon. I have now ordered the exact same car as an R27, only without the silly decals (sorry if you like them!). And it has all the gadgets..........roll on next month!!
Rich

GW Clio 200
Wow James thats the one you have coming... looks absolutely stunning!!! I love it..

I was all for the racing blue but having seen a few white one now I have to say that its become my favourite colour.

Make sure you get some pics up here mate!!

GW Clio 200
So Lee..

What deal did you get for the White Cup, Recaro's, Air Con..

Why did you choose the Cup over the FF...

Clio 172 mk2

Cup8.jpg

That looks lovely..

Im thinking of getting the car in white with white speedlines, the cup spoiler, the carbon fibre side skirts and the carbon splitter!!!.. I would like my car to look like the one on the right.. ( without the roof scoop!! )

loving this angle!!

cup3rr4.jpg

Car on the left way better than the other...what's with the hosed roof vent and halfrauds/Ripspeed spoiler?