ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200bhp Clio in 2004

Hey guys, anyone know anymore about the next gen renaultsport Clios?! http://tinyurl.com/ct24http://tinyurl.com/ct24 reckons it will have 200bhp..

Should hopefully be good, theyve got the time now to work with Nissan (new Clio built on the Micra platform!? ick!), look at the Civics and the Pug 206 180s of this world (cant believe I even got half interested in it) and build a beast.

Love my car, well the drive, but build quality is sh*t, it rattl - ahh f*ck it, you know the score.

Si.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Well sounds like Honda wont be out-done after hearing they are apparently releasing a Type RS Civic, same engine tuned to 200BHP though.

Megane R26

This is the bit i dont like...

"The Clio will feature angular styling with a number of similarities to the distinctive Vel Satis executive car launched last year. The concave mesh grille and triangular headlights are the most obvious influences, while the steeply raked windscreen and abrupt rear-end design "

Why why why??????????????

Perhaps if they produce one past the 200bhp mark then it will be too powerful for the old rattles to exist!!

Mine is doin my head in every time i fix a rattle another one pops up

I reackon its gonna be more power to compensate more weight, just like the Civic Type R. And therefore wont be much quicker, if any.

Clio 197

Sad fact is that at the moment mad scientists have been altering the brains of the designers in more than one car company.

Why do little cars always have to get bigger each time they are redesigned? All I want is a nice light 2 litre buzz bomb. Is that asking too much?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

all i want is a 2 litre, a steering wheel and some pedals and 4 wheels and a seat to sit on.

man that would shift... oh and somewhere to flick my fag ash..

noooooooooo, the civic wont be alone in looking like a bread van, please tell me that pic is a concept idea, big arse meganes, more like big arse of a company.

Lets show our protest here, that we dont want a sodding MPV or anymore crappy build quality!

Then send renaultsport etc the link.

Si.

2012 WRX Waggon

OMG!! have Reno gone MAD???

Its Renos version of the Homermobile - Jesus they need to do some Market research.

Iwont be buying one of them!

Clio 197

They are not alone! The Megane is seriously ugly and thank God the Avantime is history, but the same cretins are designing the next Clio and it will be uglier than it is now. It seems all the cars now have to have some sort of triangular headlamp and get taller. Park an original Clio next to the current model. Now picture something even taller and with more silly angles and you have the next generation. They just keep getting taller and goofier all the time!

Bangle is doing the same to the BMWs as well. The 7er and Z4 are really ugly and the new 5er will be as bad or worse.

Where will it all stop?

Apparently the market researchers have found that the average car buyer wants a taller car, and the styling has to look wierd to get attention.

Nothing about performance or vehicle dynamics. Just "style".

Skoda Fabia vRS

Renault has always meant stylish cars, the Megane i like, the Vel Satis is w**k.......the Avantime i just about like

but, that new Clio really takes the piss..........for a start its far too big......well, everythin about it is just wrong !

It was said a few monts back towards end of last year... Renault where going to move away from making cars that looked like boyracer cars etc, because older drivers didnt like them. so i think what u are seeing is Renault moving into that phase and making cars suitable to older people to want to drive! :sick:

Hope it does look like this then I wont feel like I have to change the cup for something that looks and goes better - which this heap obviously wont!!!!!!!