ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New addition..

Ph1 track car, Dci
Did you not have a 205 gti for track, what happened to that?

what does you missis say about all these cars she must be a very chilled lady lol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Yes mate I have a 205 and ph1 both caged and track ready.. I just felt that this ticked all the boxes.
She is very chilled ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I guess I wanted a turbo with LSD. . Rather than spend 2k on the 20vt this made more financial sense.. The car is easier to drive due to retaining power steering and I would feel a lot more confident on track.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I wanted a turbo with LSD. . Rather than spend 2k on the 20vt this made more financial sense.. The car is easier to drive due to retaining power steering and I would feel a lot more confident on track.

I can see where you're coming from :) As long as the engine and box hold up ok. Just keep the gear changes smooth and don't launch it.

Yeah I noticed in your for sale listing for the grey one it had no PAS, which on a front heavy high powered turbo car isn't ideal.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
20140127_100202_zps8b835a6b.jpg

20140127_095701_zpsc793e914.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Loose the side skirts and the 17's and your on to a winner.. However the styling doesn't surprise me considering the place you bought it from!

I have seen this around in the past thought, I think the previous owner attended a few of the Camberley meets in the past.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I like it tbh but appreciate everyone's comments. Maybe not one to take to meets though haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Jesus.. i thought it was going to be a snowplow but its alright haha. Just the wheels and skirts need changed ;)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
No haters mate. Its not as bad as alot of cars on here thats for sure :p

Alot better than i was expecting it to be

Ph1 track car, Dci
The fact it has those wheels and skirts actually makes it great bait at the traffic lights i bet, people wont be expecting it to be turbo'd :D intercooler could be done black for abit more stealth.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
The fact it has those wheels and skirts actually makes it great bait at the traffic lights i bet, people wont be expecting it to be turbo'd :D intercooler could be done black for abit more stealth.

Now your talking.. Ive actually got a carbon cover the seller had made up..

Ph1 track car, Dci
Now your talking.. Ive actually got a carbon cover the seller had made up..

Big Ripspeed sticker in the back window or somthing along those lines to really annoy/bait someone.

Or, fit 1.2 bumpers, poverty spec side strips etc, some steelies from another Renault so abit wider but stock looking to most, so it looks like a bog standard 1.2.. Im getting carried away now lol, but i like the sleeper idea.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

lsd for a vag box is quite cheap anyway.
i could have sorted you out with one for under 600 quid.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
The build was originally done in 2005 I think. Seller has had it since 2009 and maintained it regardless of cost. Map seems ok but I wouldn't mind getting it on a RR for a printout.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How many car's are you planning on keeping then Chi?

Just for peace of mind, I'd not have it RR'd, I'd actually have the map independently looked at. Better safe than sorry.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Just for peace of mind, I'd not have it RR'd, I'd actually have the map independently looked at. Better safe than sorry.
A power run that includes an AFR reading would be a good place to start.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

I think 4 or 5 would be a nice amount. . It does have a couple of printouts but they're a few years old. I will try and get it to EFI asap..

A power run that includes an AFR reading would be a good place to start.

That's what I'll do then.

How many miles has the previous owner done in it, i never see it move from that same spot, on the number of times i have driven past.

In the 5 years he's owned it, it's done 25k. Current miles is 54k. . Its been maintained regardless of cost. .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are you far from Blackpool?

Motorsport developments would be a very good place to take it if you can manage to get it booked in there (they tend to be booked up a long way in advance but if its just for a power run you might be ok)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah EFI is a good shout :)

You're a bit limited by the Gen90 in terms of who will be able to map it as it requires the dongle and software.