ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New air-feeds and more colour coding

Civic Type-R
Been a busy week for my Clio and me. Decided I would have a go at installing some bigger cold air feeds to my filter box and also got the foglights colour coded and also a new grille sprayed up to replace the old one (broken clip and tonnes of stone chips).

Airfeeds:

I started off by taking most of the front of the car apart. Took the front bumper off and the grille, then the passenger side headlamp. Made it really easy to get to everything and see how much space I had to play with.

mod1er8.jpg

mod2xe8.jpg

Here you can see the size difference between the feeds I used and the standard ones. The standard ones are approx 45mm width for most of it, the new feeds I got are both 70mm so much larger than standard.

mod3yn5.jpg

There was a large piece of plastic right in the middle of the standard feeds, which didnt seem to do anything so I cut it all out to allow better airflow to the feeds. Then put the new feeds in and secured them with cable ties. Was a bit of a mission getting the headlight back in :dead:

mod4fq4.jpg

Then put it all back together! Sounds awesome now :approve: really wallows from low down and sounds crazy when you give it some. Seems to pull better too.

mod5sb6.jpg

mod6hx7.jpg

Foglights and grille:

Also got the foglights colour coded and a new grille. Really happy with it :) Finishes off the front nicely IMO. Just a few small bits to finish it off now before I get coilovers and some other performance things next year.

fogs1fc7.jpg

fogs2aq4.jpg

fogs3fn5.jpg

Sorry for the essay!! Any comments or questions welcome :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
very nice mate, love that, need a phase 1 airbox to do something similar

loving phase 1's at the moment too!!!!

where was the ducting from?

Megane 225 Cup
Looks like a job well done, just noticed though.. i know nothing about the 2.0l engines btw

- is that a standard air box?

Clio 197
looks good mate, how hard to take the 172 front off? :)

can you send me of your some photos in high res please:)

Civic Type-R
The front bumper is pretty easy to take off. Just a load of torx screws and some bolts. Takes about 10mins to do and that was my first time. Thanks for the comments :)