ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Alloys and Tyres, will they fit my Clio?

My original wheels are 14" with 175/65 tyres. I would like to fit 17" 7J offset 38 alloys with 205/40 tyres. The question is, will they fit without touching the arches etc? Car is on standard shocks and springs. How it will affect driving? Could i go with 16" alloys and tyres 195/45 and also lower the car by 40-50mm?

Renault Clio 172 cup
I'd bet a dime to a dollar that 17" wheels with 205's on would foul the arches. Clio arches are very tight on space, my standard Turini's I had with 195/45/16's on fouled on one side and a mate's track wheels that are 205/50/15's rub a little occasionally as well.

Nimbus Clio 197
It will look silly with 17's on standard suspension in my opinion. Stick with 16's max and then you could lower it a bit like you said :) All in my opinion of course!