ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Alloys Sizing...

Focus ST
I'm thinking of getting some new alloys for my 182FF (not cupped).

Currently I have these on:

86a9670a.gif

Want to replace them with a another 16", eta 37, PCD 100.
Will these alloys fit? Also will my current tyres fit too (205/45R16)?

Chocolate Bar™
tyres will fit if the new wheels are a 7J. not sure on the fitments myself. i know et37 is standard for the non-RS's but cant help you lol

Da

Less
current alloys are et45 so they're a different offset. As for the tyres, Middo has answered that one ;)

Focus ST
FredYozzasport said:
you may struggle with that offset, thats 8mm further out per wheel (16mm overall)

Erm, well I've only put Eiback Sportlines on. So will That mean that the tyre will rub the body work?

(So I'm a bit more than usually clueless when it comes to wheels)

Chocolate Bar™
basically yeah, the lower the offset, the further out they stick out, so with an et 37 as fred says, your 8mm further out than it shoudl be. If it was the other way, it wouldnt be a problem as you can use spacers to bring them out.

Da

Less
8 mm will probably rub, mine is about 3mm further in with the use of spacers otherwise I'd of been 8mm further in which was rubbing the rear inner arch liners.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
what are 172cup offsets? i thought they were et38.5 so wouldnt make much difference, i had et35 on 15s with 215,45r15 tyres never rubbed once, what alloys were they guy? Hope they are light