ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new alpine HU

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mathewroberts/g%20061.jpgFitted my new Alpine 7894 head unit today was a real pain, 1st Couldnt get the dash off as I needed to fit the Alpine to renault steering wheel remote adaptor so I fit the stereo 1st and though ILl come back to that BUT with only the stereo fitted it worked ok but as soon as i used any of the car controls the instruments went mad, I turned the lights on to check that the dimmer wire had been connected ok and the speedo shot round to 160MPH I then pressed the heated screen and this seemed to cut all power to the lights on the dash and reset the clock. At this point I was really woried, I unpluged the stereo and connected the original renault unit back in to my relief the speedo problem was fixed. After a quick clio sport.net consultation i then I understood how to get the dash off (i missed the screws by the instument binicle) With the dash off it was much easier to sort the wiring. Connected the adaptor to the back of the clock and wired the unit in. A quick check and all was working including the speedo. then put it all back together before a long mess about with all the settings, I think i need to go read all the manual. Oh and download some more mp3s.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Im considering getting the same head unit, any good?

Seems strange the speedo went up to 160?!?

the pictures size was reduced using the reduce function on outlook, the original pic would be 2832 x 2128. The new head unit is amazing, ive not changed he standard speakers yet( no spare cash) but even so the improvement is massive it sounds s omuch better, more detail and so clear even at high volume, mostly down to the 4*60rms output. You anywhere close to Leeds? if so could meet up and ill give you a demo

S

silou

hi there i was thinking of alpine, the sivler one with bass engine 4x60 watts. will i be able to use the factory steering wheel remote .cda 7894rb is the model. It will be fitted in a mk 1.

yeh works fine with the steering wheel remote you just need the alpine - renault adaptor( KCE) cant remember the exact model. If you dont buy this the stereo will not work as the instruments go mad. just to add the display only does time and temperature after that

I take it that is a US model, problems are the radio

- there tuner goes up in differnt steps

- they dont have RDS

- they use a different system to DAB so you cant add a DAB tuner to US model

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah they go up in 2.0 steps rather than 0.5 steps. Its in odd numbers though so I can get the only 2 stations I ever listen to 98.9 and 105.6.

I emailed a company about em and they seemed to think they now have RDS. But I think if they dont you can type the station name in!

But for saving over £250 I can live with a couple of differences I think :)

Cheers, Craig

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

?

this is well odd it dont make no diffrence to the instuments

well strange did you use the existing dimmer from the oe stereo and run a power lead direct from batt

i have a 7865r (about 2 years old but was on top of the range)

my instruments were not affected when i did this you must of had a bad earth.

oh an you can re-programme the alpine unit to use .5 step system

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Dont think u can with the USA ones. It says European Tuning: No on the spec sheet. Hope you can though!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

mailto:m@thew">m@thew

Any screws left over ??? ;)

Got my local installer to fit the lead...£20

Top bloke for trying yourself (y) are you into x-treme sports??LOL!!

no screws left over, luckily i had a mate to help out who was more than happy to take my car apart, but its is quite worrying taking the dash off and ripping the car to bits. Trying to get my amp repaired then i can put my sub in the car, then i want some new 6.5" components which im sure can be squeezed into the front doors.