ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New and looking for a 172/182

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Hi guys and gals,

I'm Conor, 21 from Peterborough, actually signed up on here over a year ago but only ever lurked about after buying a 2000 1.4 S Ph1 Clio.

Thought I'd re introduce myself now I am looking to join the Sport club.

After either a 172 or 182 Clio, trouble is, everyone I seem to find is waaaay too far from me.

If any of you know of a lovely example please let me know!

Itching to get one, budget of about £2500

Cheers :)

172 cup
Welcome mate, first thing to do is pay the £12 membership and have a look in the 'cars for sale section' always nice examples coming up, good luck!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
It's worth travelling for the right car which suits your budget and ticks the boxes.

i just got a 182 from Southampton transported up to Edinburgh for cheaper than you'd think.

Have a a look around on here, pistonheads and autotrader and a decent one will come up.

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Thanks guys, I'm sure there are plenty of tidy ones on here, would expect them to be better for a good price on a car forum I would think!

Is it worth getting one with either of the Cup packages would you say?

Arctic 182 FF
I am down the M11 and have a 55 plate full fat in the classifieds if you can stretch your budget a little?

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
A very nice 182 dano, just a bit too much of a stretch I'm afraid!
Good luck with the sale though :)

Thanks guys, I'm sure there are plenty of tidy ones on here, would expect them to be better for a good price on a car forum I would think!

Is it worth getting one with either of the Cup packages would you say?
If your getting the 182 they just don't look right without the cup spoiler on. 172's look great with it too like, but of course that didn't come standard apart from the 172cup. That is the minimum package to have on I'd say. But having both packs is always a plus.

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Ill bare that in mind thankyou!

Any tips on what to look out for other than the typical wear parts?

I vaguely know about the cambelts on these, I haven't seen much else in common issues?

Cam belt aux belt and depasher pulley are things that need done at around 75k or 5 years. So if it's near that you would need the price down since it's a big job. Good to have a new exhaust since the originals like to rust. Other than that really there's just usual things. There's some nice examples for sale on here like so it's the best place to get something for your budget.