ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Aston Martin Vanquish

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd have like the rear spoiler to be part of the bootlid like the new DB9 but none the less a stunning car in the right colour. Anyway I'm not fussed about how it drives tbh, it's not going to be a MP4-12C or a 458 etc but it's an Aston, doesn't have to be...

For the sake of the thread I love the old Vanquish! This one isn't quite as elegant but modern.

Drives me mad the hypocrisy and double standards of the motoring press when it comes to Aston Martin.

Porsche churn out the same old recipe and styling since the '60's and they can do no wrong. Suddenly the new 991 is 'mostly' aluminum and is pronounced the second coming of the messiah. By 'mostly aluminum' you can read, not yet up to where Aston Martin were ten years ago. Or the Lotus Elise from 16 years ago.

Aston+Martin+Vanquish

Aston-Martin-Vanquish-Model-Photo.jpg

Thumbnail.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cracking aprt from the wheels. I really doen't get the whole Halfords thing.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
That's so nice. The front splitter/diffuser is a neat little touch too. I have to agree on the Ripspeed style wheels though. I don't get how big car manufactures who spend thousands on carbon fibre parts all over the car, then go on to put said wheels on.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
wheels are f**king ridiculously bad being on such a car and also not a fan of the gap below the spoiler as gally says. will never afford one so won't let it bother me ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The wheels look nice full silver in the middle picture I think. The V12 Vantage had awful awfuk wheels as standard! Easy fix on the options list!

Turbos.
It looks lovely, but clearly just another DB9, so it a shame they used the Vanquish name. If only they had the money to invest in new products.

Interesting fact: Aston Martin labour per hour is £145, Porsche is £180! Apply some CS logic and clearly it makes sense to buy Astons.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh the LFA, the want and need for that car knows no bounds.

Disastra Coupe
Really? An LFA over that? Perhaps it'd be a better drive, i have no idea having never driven either... But the LFA is nowhere near as classy as the Aston :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not as classy or in the same category, price wise or drive wise... still want an LFA.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Seen a load of these when I was up at the MIRA test track a couple of weeks back. Look so good in red! Gorgeous cars. Also the wheels on that particular one are shite.

Focus RS Mk1
about as much imagination as the Porsche styling department. looks like every other Aston in the range! bored!

Wow. Looks awesome to me.

Love the way Astons look similar, but updated every time. Look how bland a normal DB9 now looks in comparison.

i'll never own one, i want too, i just never will as my lifes too s**t. i'll just sit here and cry, mainly due to its beauty.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i'll never own one, i want too, i just never will as my lifes too s**t. i'll just sit here and cry, mainly due to its beauty.

Here Here!

Im still trying to get the old man to buy a Vanquish :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It gets better looking everytime I look at it.

The old one is a looker...

Aston-Martin-V12-Vanquish-aston-martin-30817462-1024-768.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Really? An LFA over that? Perhaps it'd be a better drive, i have no idea having never driven either... But the LFA is nowhere near as classy as the Aston :eek:

Have you driven an Aston? At the very least the DB9? The LFA is in a whole different league. The DB9 is a 'classy' drive as it's pretty dull even on track. The Vanquish (especially in manual form) is outlandish. In fact I'd be willing to bet the LFA feels more refined than a Vanquish.