ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New barrel and key, now won't start!

Clio 2 1.4 16v
Before you skin an African alive, I've really searched and found no answer.
Pls note car doesn't have central locking thus answer with that in mind.

Replaced the key and barrel as original was lost. Barrel and key is oem, from assembly factry here in South Africa. Warning light flashes rapidly, engine swings, but won't start.

Is there a trick to "resetting" the system? And yes, it was an exact replica switch, so plug switch the same, no extra wire or colour loose.

Like I said, vehicle doesn't have central locking, so all one has really is a transponder key.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Key will need coding to the ECU, you'll need to get the code from Renault if you have not got the book.

E92 325D
Put the fob from the old key near the barrel and try to start....you car may not have central locking but it will have an immobiliser which is coded to the key.

The key houses a chip, that is coded to the immobiliser. There is a pickup ring near the barrel that senses whether the correct key is in the barrel....

Swap the chips within the keys and itll work.

Clio 2 1.4 16v
Put the fob from the old key near the barrel and try to start....you car may not have central locking but it will have an immobiliser which is coded to the key.

The key houses a chip, that is coded to the immobiliser. There is a pickup ring near the barrel that senses whether the correct key is in the barrel....

Swap the chips within the keys and itll work.

As in opening statement, original keys both lost which is why I'm replacing barrels and key.