ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Brake pads and discs

Hi all

I need to replace my discs and pads, will keep the back standard but I would like to upgrade the fronts. Torn between some Ferodo Ds2500 or the new version green stuff pads.

My questions are, what are the wear on the discs like with the Ferodo, how much heat do you need to get in them and are they especially noisy??

I really just want a little bit more bite than I have at the minute.

Cheers

BMW M3
I have the 2500s and think they are the business. Dont make any noise, wear seems reasonable, brake dust actaully seems better then the std ones and stop you very well.

Edit: Only problem is fitting them as you might need to file the ends down a bit to get them in.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
DS2500 are in a different league....Greenstuff only if you live in London city center..!

Skoda Fabia vRS
Ferodos are generally fairly kind to discs, EBC's on the other hand are not, thats why they produce hardly any dust, they wear the disc down instead

Israeli 172 ph1
what model are the original Ferodo pads?
where i can get the green stuff pads?

what do you guys think about OMP pads?

Clio 182, Audi A3
I've just fitted Green Stuff pads all round, from Demon Tweeks. They've much more bite than Renault pads from new, we'll see how they hold up over time. Pads usually harden with use and are less effective from cold.