ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new brakes + new battery

My Legs
hello everyone, looks like i need to replace both my disc brakes and pads and i was wondering if the black diamond range was any good. any one else got a pair of these?

ive only got a 1.2 16v but wheni get some alloys i would like something good to look at underneath them, obviously i dont want to spend S**t loads seeing a snail is faster than the car but something decent would be just fine, maybe tar- ox ?

also i need a new battery, i will be upgrading the speakers in the car but thats about all, wont be filling up on the ice.

thanks for the help !!!

MCS R56
hello everyone, looks like i need to replace both my disc brakes and pads and i was wondering if the black diamond range was any good. any one else got a pair of these?

ive only got a 1.2 16v but wheni get some alloys i would like something good to look at underneath them, obviously i dont want to spend S**t loads seeing a snail is faster than the car but something decent would be just fine, maybe tar- ox ?

also i need a new battery, i will be upgrading the speakers in the car but thats about all, wont be filling up on the ice.

thanks for the help !!!

I got black diamonds and they have been fine so far, much better than stock. I also got Feredo DS2500 pads and Goodrich braided lines. Big improvement! Under £400 fitted. Mosty people on here recommend Brembo discs but I thought I'd try something else.

i was wondering if the black diamond range was any good.
ive only got a 1.2 16v but wheni get some alloys i would like something good to look at underneath them,

Get the ktec big braeks converstion I don't trate it for power for money it looks better though.

If you want good brakes no need for anything but stock FDB845 pads, new brakes fluid and disks is all the car ever needs.

DS2500 are over kill they'll squeek and are expensive. They don't look any different

Black dimond are expensive they arre better but there no point my mates got a set on his car he likes them but its more looks than realy power unless your using a true race compund pad ie DS3000/PF97 etc.

My Legs
wow i didnt realise that there's this much to know about brakes, renault said that i needed to replace both pads and disc, so you rekon that i should just stick with the same but with better pads?

i was just thinking about wheni get alloys on the car i wanted it to look slighty better, not that bothered really. is it hard to change the brake fluid? it used to be a nightmare on my push bike ( had hydrolic brakes) .

thanks

Tim

FOR SALE!!!
lol id go for the 285mm disk from k-tec would look lot better and as you said only a 1.2 so no need for big stopeing power

renault said that i needed to replace both pads and disc, so you rekon that i should just stick with the same but with better pads?

i was just thinking about wheni get alloys on the car i wanted it to look slighty better, not that bothered really. is it hard to change the brake fluid? it used to be a nightmare on my push bike ( had hydrolic brakes) .

Same pads are fine FDB845 you ant from Halfrods £17.99 list price. WHy upgrade just bled the system and fit new diska and pads £50 or so for disk £60 at Halfords then £18 for the pads then ay £10 on decinet fluid bleed it and its back to superb spec.

No idea what hydrolic brakes on a bike are like to be honest a one person gunners easy bleed kits a good investmnt bit of a pain to use to better than the rest of the stuf out there.
lol id go for the 285mm disk from k-tec would look lot better and as you said only a 1.2 so no need for big stopeing power
It looks better but thats IMO its only advanatage or the money.

My Legs
hmmm i dont know what to do know, i guess i could just get the wheels first and see what it looks like.. ..

Clio 1.4 '95 RT
Just google all the brands, like red dot, black diamond, green stuff, brembo. Find cheapest quotes.
OR!!! get some brakes from someone who's done a conversion on a 172/182, that way you get calipers and discs n s**t for cheap cheap!
Brake fluid change isn't that hard, just make sure you have a friend, a one man brake bleeder looks a lot easier on the packet!
Cheers Ali

Just google all the brands, like red dot, black diamond, green stuff, brembo. Find cheapest quotes.
OR!!! get some brakes from someone who's done a conversion on a 172/182, that way you get calipers and discs n s**t for cheap cheap!

Cheapeast mean nothing. Stock better thn many upgrade stuff out there and a lot of other upgrade stuffs over priced.

If you mean use 172/182 calipers you need the brackets making up its not a straight fit.

My Legs
what about just getting ebc green stuffpad to go with the standard disc's for the time being?

how much are the renualt disc's + pads ?

what about just getting ebc green stuffpad to go with the standard disc's for the time being?

how much are the renualt disc's + pads ?

Forget going to Renault Halfords sell the identical pads for £17.99 FDB845 you want then go anywahere for the disks £50~60 you'll be paying for a set.

I've just fitted a set of greenstuff to a Clio there semingly better than stock but IMO not worth it either go to a full race pads or stick with stock as there good enough for even track day use.

FOR SALE!!!
eddie how hard would it to be to get my hands on some 172 hubs? could i mod my suppision to fit these? cheers

eddie how hard would it to be to get my hands on some 172 hubs? could i mod my suppision to fit these? cheers

Dead easy just ring a breakers yard ans see if they have them in stock £40 or so a side your looking.

You could modify the car to fit them but whay do you want/need to?

im going to be doing the 2.0 converstion over the next yr so doing stuff bit at a time

Don't bother doing it one piece at a time just buy all the bit at once form a car being broken and forget fitting one part at a time its stupid.

My Legs
just checked that black diamond disc's are only at 80 quid, surely that they would be better than stock ? with the preadator pads about 100 quid for the set, factory will be about 80ish .

just checked that black diamond disc's are only at 80 quid, surely that they would be better than stock ? with the preadator pads about 100 quid for the set, factory will be about 80ish .

Not realy any better

Factory stuff should be able to be got for £70 though and it more than adequate.