ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new brakes

Clio 197
f**kin awesome job Giles, Best car on here that has been looked after the most!

cheers mate, I only use my car once a week & I keep her clean lol

one more mods coming up but you lot going have to wait see her at FCS:approve:

good work mate.

reminds me of doing my brother 205gtiar beam convertion. was a paint in the ass but sence of achivement i the best part about it.

well done fella

Clio 197
Got a problem with the ABS & been a pain ass! Cos the number of teeths on the rings not the same. Drum - 26 teeth & disc - about 32 teeth. That why ABS computer going confused & not braking right. So any way think I going back on to drums for good or make new ring for discs. But can't be ass doing that & have to pay more! Ah well I try. lol

Thanks for edde coming round & been a great help :)

BMW M135i
Thats a bit of a shitter then :dapprove:, nothing can be done then? Can't get 26 teeth abs rings from somewhere?

BMW M135i
There must be some way round it as the mk2ph2s 1.6s have disc brakes?

The Ph2s don't its the Ph3s that have them, because I haven't got any :(. Although from what I gather its just the same axle as giles already has, i'd imagine the abs system is calibrated differently for the increased number of teeth on the ring.

Thats a bit of a s**tter then :dapprove:, nothing can be done then? Can't get 26 teeth abs rings from somewhere?
They can be made up for a price.
There must be some way round it as the mk2ph2s 1.6s have disc brakes?

The Ph2s don't its the Ph3s that have them, because I haven't got any :(. Although from what I gather its just the same axle as giles already has, i'd imagine the abs system is calibrated differently for the increased number of teeth on the ring.

Some Phase 2's do.

As you said the axle I do belive is 172 spec just with reconfigured ABS syetm from the factory.

Clio 197
Thats a bit of a s**tter then :dapprove:, nothing can be done then? Can't get 26 teeth abs rings from somewhere?

Can do but I don't know who or where to go to make one

That was a big job for me doing for last few days I did but it was fun lol :)

Clio 197
wasted time, such a shame.

look forward to seeing the 172 replica work at FCS giles.

I can still use it but not very far, yeah well it was but I didn't know about those crazy ABS. I'm not going to swap over right now cos my arms is killing me & tired atm.

you going have to wait about 172 things but not sure what I'm doing yet

Last edited:
  Clio's
i think the handbrake light is on because you have changed the cables and so it will need adjusting at the electronic end. ABS rings come with the disks and for new discs and ABS rings it will cos around another £160. taking the ABS fuse out also causes something else which i'm guessing would be illeagal!

Take the ABS fuse out? I hate my ABS caused be nothing but problems.

i think the handbrake light is on because you have changed the cables and so it will need adjusting at the electronic end. ABS rings come with the disks and for new discs and ABS rings it will cos around another £160. taking the ABS fuse out also causes something else which i'm guessing would be illeagal!

Handbrake light down to the ABS I'm sure being deactivated rarther than as per normal handbrakes/brake fluid level warning. It cannot be electronical be done unless you work for the ABS manurfacturer realy as its embeded chip setups. Its never been done before.

ABS rings are the problem there to many teeth on the disk need custom ring making up else the ABS keep thinking your locking up and the fornt brakes won't work.

Yep sort of illegal its a grey area. It would be an insurance problem.