ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Build Spec Advice

Posted this over on overclockers but this subforum seems to be more active in getting replies!

After an idea of what people think I should get parts wise for a new base unit - capable of rendering video easily (i.e. not having to wait 4 hours to render 12 minutes of 720p on a P4 3.2ghz). The current PC is getting on now, fine for browsing the web but crap for Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere, especially rendering. I don't do gaming, all its used for is internet, images and video when I'm not on my MacBook.

I don't need monitor/case/keyboard/mouse/etc. Budget is around £300-350 for parts, obviously requiring Motherboard/CPU/Power Supply/Memory/Graphics Card/Hard Drive (circa 500gb or so, I have other old drives that I will be using to store older stuff).

What would people recommend?

Cheers.

Polo + Micra
maplins are doing a bundle at the mo for £273 (with a voucher)

doesn't seem too bad a bundle but not had a proper look