ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (beware vauxhall)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'd had enough of the C4 and the finance on it, so I picked this up last week.
Today seemed like a good day to give it a quick clean and take some pictures. It's a 1.8 SE1.
P1040192.jpg

P1040187.jpg

P1040185.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040179.jpg

P1040178.jpg

P1040177.jpg

P1040176.jpg

P1040175.jpg

P1040171.jpg

P1040170.jpg

P1040169.jpg

P1040168.jpg

P1040165.jpg

P1040196.jpg

P1040195.jpg

P1040193.jpg

Never above 25mpg
I'd of had a 2.2T personally, the dashes though in Vauxhalls make me cringe!

Although same reason I got my BMW, so I wouldnt have to pay anything per month for the car :)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I think its only availaible in the 1.8 a 2.0 turbo or a 2.2. I would of liked quicker but insurance controls my car choice.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
There are a lot of nails about if your shoppin for astra coupes, it looks like you've found a nice one :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They are really nice cars, but apart from the seats, that interior is identical to my van!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah the interior isn't very exciting but I've got a few plans to liven it up.
It is a pretty mint example, a few niggles to sort out but nothing major. Full service history as well.

A guy along the road from me has one of these. Exact same colour, slammed, white wheels. It's a 1.8 also but he turbo'd it, think it's running 210bhp.
Shows these cars have potential.

Mk2 172
My mates just bought a 2.2 version with one owner from new, full history, excellent condition and only paid 1200 quid for it!! Bargain I thought as a cheap run about so he doesnt have to use his SL55 amg everyday. Bit steep on fuel! its done 96k but has an epic history with it

Fabia vrs tdi
2.2 engine has issues can't remember what though. I do like the 2l turbo z20let engines so would have gone for that.

Think these look too dated now but still like the astra gsi

Clio 197
I'd steer clear of the 2.2.

It's very thirsty... and you don't get much speed in return for your money. Furthermore, the cam chain fails to get oiled properly (due to poor engine design), so sometimes they need to be changed early-on.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Always liked the 2.0T, though its only 200bhp, but potential for some more poke with some regal goodies

mps aero
I'd of had a 2.2T personally, the dashes though in Vauxhalls make me cringe!

Although same reason I got my BMW, so I wouldnt have to pay anything per month for the car :)

2.2t ? that exist?

i was gunna get the 2.0t but went for the 172 instead. i do like the shape of these.

Renault Clio RSi 1.8 1997
@Lanky - I traded in my clio for an astra coupe 1.8

dsc00486by-1.gif

More pics here or pics of my old clio here

I think I have seen you on one of the astra owners forum, coz those pics look really familiar... I'm loving my new astra, even though mine is basically still standard spec

tiTTy & SV650
I'd steer clear of the 2.2.

It's very thirsty... and you don't get much speed in return for your money. Furthermore, the cam chain fails to get oiled properly (due to poor engine design), so sometimes they need to be changed early-on.

Is that applicable to the 2.2 diesels too? Not in astra coupes obviously but I've heard of the same issue with the old Signum / Saab 2.2 diesel before they used the 1.9 fiat diesel lumps

120d M Sport
Is that applicable to the 2.2 diesels too? Not in astra coupes obviously but I've heard of the same issue with the old Signum / Saab 2.2 diesel before they used the 1.9 fiat diesel lumps

My old man did over 100k is an Omega 2.2dti and it never had any timing chain problems.

Last edited: