ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car, contains VTEC

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My insurance never changed from 182 to type R.I paid £400 for my clio and threpence short of that for the civic...

Civic Type S GT
I tried to get a quote on a type r, now I pay fully comp on my clio about £700, on a ctr it was between £1700-£2200!!! WTF!!! Also greenlight said they wouldnt do it because of the amount of claims put in against ctr's.

The engine makes a Clio's unit feel like a box of spanners. The gearbox makes the Clio's unti feel like you're stirring a pot of treacle with a hockey stick. The steering feels like a Logitech G25 with force-feedback turned off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Swindon knows that the Japanese won't accept sh*te steering. lol.

I've got a picture of the factory somewhere, showing both the production lines.

The JDM cars also were 90% CW/Red interiors too. And they have an LSD as standard issue.

And it was cheaper for them to buy one, than it was for us to buy the inferior UK car.

We really got shafted on that one.

And the reason why? Because most British drivers aren't discerning enough to appreciate a LSD and the higher spec steering. Most people I've spoken to who've driven an EP3 didn't even notice how shocking it is on UKDM models. It's a real shame given how good the engine and gearbox are.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, they're too busy towing HGV's, four-up with their F4R's, mocking the 'lack of torque' that the K20 produces.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can imagine their faces if they jump out of their ep3 into a Jdm model.

Erm bum raped comes to mind.

Unless you forget to check the oil level thrice a week :D

My brother's EP3 use to use nearly as much oil as it did petrol.

Yeah, oil is a killer. Something to be aware of is the paintwork seems to be pretty pathetic. I had far more stone chips than you would usually expect and the civic forums also had a lot of people with the same complaints.

I keep a pretty respectful distance away from the car in front and go slowly over newly laid roads, but the doors looked like they had been hit with buckshot.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, oil is a killer. Something to be aware of is the paintwork seems to be pretty pathetic. I had far more stone chips than you would usually expect and the civic forums also had a lot of people with the same complaints.

I keep a pretty respectful distance away from the car in front and go slowly over newly laid roads, but the doors looked like they had been hit with buckshot.
Honda have incredibly soft paint work. :(

Nice car. I always look at these when I see them. Even though they're pretty common around here, I still like them. Rarely see any other 182's for some reason!

I think the Spoon N1 pipe is a bit too loud tbh but it's all down to personal taste.

The engine makes a Clio's unit feel like a box of spanners. The gearbox makes the Clio's unti feel like you're stirring a pot of treacle with a hockey stick. The steering feels like a Logitech G25 with force-feedback turned off.

lol i'd agree with this. test drove a couple of CTR's before getting the Clio and the steering feel was non existent.

Oh hi!

Vtec yo Benjamin! How you enjoying it? Does it feel like a massive change from the clio or a side step? I know the clio was modded.
Loving it so far, nice and comfy. Just jump in and off i go, makes a changing from arriving with my ears bleeding. Suprisingly good at crusing to and from work in 6th as well.

Whats the diffence like on insurance?

No much at all, was slighty more expensive, but i think its about £800 ish for the year.

Hope you enjoy it mate! I'm missing it already.

Loving it mate, thanks again :):)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Their a group 17a though arent they?

Im pretty sure i read at one point there had been so many of these written off, all if not most insurance companies refused to insure anyone under 30 on them, this was back in 2001/2 when they first arrived right enough.

Probably around the same time the vtec y0 jokes lol :eek:

Z4
My mate has a facelift in cosmic, I've always been very impressed with it. Sensible when you want it to be and a little bit mental when you need it.
He's after a backbox for it, he's not really into the whole midding thing much but just wants a good noise as it's very tame in its standard state. What you people suggest?

Swift Sport
Very nice mate, I found the steering a bit vague compared to the Clio but I can see why you'd make the change :)

DCi 100

Supercharger? ;)

Tidy car Ben, alot more grown up in the way of all the interior etc. Won't be cold as fork through the winter lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  53 Clio's & counting
Superchargers are very well priced for them. Just going to do a few sublte mods, dont want to spend much money on it TBH, im happy with it how it is at the mo

Lol has to be the most used quote on CS! ;)

Looks fantastic fella :)

Suzuki Swift Sport
Nice car, I always wanted one of these, bought one and loved the engine and box but the steering wasn't a patch on the clio's in my opinion so I flogged it!

320d
Nice car ben. It will certainly be nice to have japanise build quality and that engine/'box. Good choice all things considered. Interior spec in them is pretty poor though. no clock...