ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Content = Supercharged Content

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looking good! Might have to try some of that trim restorer, I've used linseed oil which is pretty good!

320d
Its looking well Neil. Gets a lot of care this car though, unlike mine which in Le Mans was ragged round the camp site for 5 days and I wonder why the paint is falling off....

When is it getting more power that you mentioned?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Its looking well Neil. Gets a lot of care this car though, unlike mine which in Le Mans was ragged round the camp site for 5 days and I wonder why the paint is falling off....

When is it getting more power that you mentioned?

flol in all honestly i wish i could have just ragged it round!! lows + compromise lol

Ermmmm powerwise im not sure TBH dude moving out soon so all available cash will be going on that!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Clutch is still alive surprisingly! Yours? getting creakier though still... I need to do a update on here, chucked some kw springs on the other day but I'd like it lower :(

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Well time for a decent Update on this

Car is back on standard wheels needs to be dropped a few more turns on the v1's to get it sitting right. Got very fed up of the 17"s just couldnt enjoy driving the car and worrying about every small divet or bump destroying the front bumper or side skirts! So the Turinis have been sold off

I have been considering my options on the car for the last few months I've come very very close to sticking an ad up on PH and getting rid but all the cars ive looked at to replace the GP would require a much larger investment of cash, the leading contender was a R26R but felt to have £19k sitting on the drive for most of the week was just a huge waste so I've decided to stick with the GP for atleast the next year, if I can resist the temptation to get something else that is!

So to rekindle some of my interest in the GP I've decided to spend some hard earned on it!

cdfd40b0.jpg

List goes like this

New clutch and bearing to cure a very stiff and groaning clutch
New gearbox oil
Newman cam
Kavs 17% pulley
new belt and new plugs

And hopefully some 550's injectors and a Re-map in the near future along with an Inspection 2 service, but the new iPhone might hold that up abit!

CAN NOT wait to get the clutch fitted will be like heaven to have a nice light clutch compared to what i have now!

Last edited:
looks good mate, im doing pretty much the same to my r53 soon (minus the clutch) although mines groaning a bit too. what cams you get? fast road or normal road?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
214 dude totally standard engine at the moment

With new injectors and a remap + the above cam and pulley I might hit 250 with abit of luck but I'm looking at an extra £700 for the map and injectors so it will have to wait for abit!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Good luck on 250- I got 260 out my Cooper S- Although it had had the best part of 10k spent on susp & Mods ( that only started with 163 though)

S

Expected you to get better gains than that tbh. Shows my ignorance to these engines, or is it because yours started with more power than a cooper s the gains aren't as high?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Ye dude a boggo cooper s starts out with 179ish, so a smaller pully + manifold + bigger intercooler + cam which can all be got for under a grand will push you upto 230ish so it seems more of a leap.

Mine comes with smaller pully + larger IC as standard but should still feel alot punchier with the mods tho!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Hi mate I've just bought a gp I asked about the Turinis on mini torque the other day.
Where you having the cam etc fitted ?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Your not far from me I'm only in Walsall,where you going for mapping ? P-torque seem to be well thought of and only in Wolverhampton

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
My clutch is going to die very shortly i think, doesn't slip but creaks and judders like a fucker.

Look forward to seeing what its like with the pulley, i can't decide whether to go for the injectors and map or not!

Mk5 golf gti
If it's anything like my cooper then they are all like that, down to the thrust bearing I think

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
My clutch is going to die very shortly i think, doesn't slip but creaks and judders like a f**ker.

Look forward to seeing what its like with the pulley, i can't decide whether to go for the injectors and map or not!

Ye I just had to get mine done I dont enjoy driving the car that much at the moment it's just that annoying to me!

What's yours had done now addz just cams or pulley aswell? I was all set for a map and injectors but new iPhone has put that on a back burner.

what's yours running like at the moment without a map? noticed any adverse affects to having the cams but no map?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah its starting to wind me up trying to pull off the lights,

Just the cam, air filter and de-flapped box, de-cat and manifold and a knackered exhaust. Really want a new works exhaust but finding ones a nightmare!

The idles a bit rough but i quite like that to be honest!

Black PH2 172
Front plate needs reducing in height slightly so it sits inline with the recess..and take GB off - Adds to much colour to the moodyness

Looks perfect tho..