ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Ford

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Awesome spec but what does this car owe you now?

£ 16,100 for the car Fiesta ST 3 top spec with nav C/C and all that jazz with rear parking sensors and style pack .
£ 7,100 in parts and labour
- £ 685 un old parts sold
Total £ 22,515 so not that expensive in my eyes with how it is now .

£ 16,100 for the car Fiesta ST 3 top spec with nav C/C and all that jazz with rear parking sensors and style pack .
£ 7,100 in parts and labour
- £ 685 un old parts sold
Total £ 22,515 so not that expensive in my eyes with how it is now .
That’s not bad at all really.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
After all of the other upgrades one thing I did notice was that the stock brake pads can fade under use sometimes so to go with the Mountune braded brake lines and Motul RBF 600 fluid I have installed some ECB Yellow stuff pads front and rear .

Removed the front calipers .

I re greased the front slider pins .

OME and yellow stuff pads .

And installed .

Just need to bed them in now and see how I get on .

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Not may updates on this car for a long time as I have been enjoying it and for once im happy with it and don't want to add or do anything more to it .

The only one thing that has been causing some issues has been the tyres .

I change the tyres to continental sport contact 5 units after the car went stage 2 and they were great in all conditions but after the last map and the diff fitted they are really struggling to put the power down in second gear as they would with 320 LB/FT at 3000K rpm .

Third gear onwards they cope well but even then are on the limits of what they can do .

With this in mind and reading a few things I have got some wider and gripper Yokohama ADO8R tyres in 215/40/17 ( the stock size is 205/40/17 )

lv7oivKT.jpg

3QxTChFM.jpg

It will be good to see how they get on with the extra power and torque and the extra grip the diff offers .

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this from the start, i have always liked these, but have never been a fan of the interior especially the infotainment side of things. Do you know if anything can be changed/swapped etc?

Great car you have btw.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
TBH I get on well with it and my car has the sync 3 I think with sat nav rear parking sensors ect .

I know there are updates that they do at ford when it gets serviced as they tried to wipe my map the last time they had it :)

Regards

Just read this from the start, i have always liked these, but have never been a fan of the interior especially the infotainment side of things. Do you know if anything can be changed/swapped etc?

Great car you have btw.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just an update on the tyres they do rub ever so on full lock so I have cut out a bit of the arch liner to fix this .

Just if anyone is after the info in the future .

Regards

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
What is road noise like? Thinking of putting them on my MX-5, I probably shouldn't worry as its just a weekend toy but I don't particularly want overly loud tyres.

I'm going to facing similar issues though, going from 160bhp to 250bhp and already grip is not enough when driven properly.

A lot of people are going 215 vs 205 stock but I don't think I can chance it with spacers due to Wilwoods and the car being low.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Has anyone ever ran one of these big power ST 's at Santa pod ??

Would be very interested to know the times and terminal speed??

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Road noise is fine and I cant tell much difference to the Continental that they have replaced .

Its not so much the power as the torque that is the tricky bit in putting the power down ( my Fiesta is putting down 320 LB/FT at 3000 RPM ) as this comes in one big lump and then still has 300 LB/FT at 5000 RPM but with my set up of a Quaife ATB diff and Mountune suspension and the wider track spec tyres the car does put the power down well in all the gears bar second as this still will brake traction if you just mash the throttle so you need to have some throttle control in second but that's about it .

Regards

What is road noise like? Thinking of putting them on my MX-5, I probably shouldn't worry as its just a weekend toy but I don't particularly want overly loud tyres.

I'm going to facing similar issues though, going from 160bhp to 250bhp and already grip is not enough when driven properly.

A lot of people are going 215 vs 205 stock but I don't think I can chance it with spacers due to Wilwoods and the car being low.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Road noise is fine and I cant tell much difference to the Continental that they have replaced .

Its not so much the power as the torque that is the tricky bit in putting the power down ( my Fiesta is putting down 320 LB/FT at 3000 RPM ) as this comes in one big lump and then still has 300 LB/FT at 5000 RPM but with my set up of a Quaife ATB diff and Mountune suspension and the wider track spec tyres the car does put the power down well in all the gears bar second as this still will brake traction if you just mash the throttle so you need to have some throttle control in second but that's about it .

Regards

Have you ran this at pod?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Very small update

The Mountune rear badge was looking a little faded so I thought I would replace this with an new Collins one .

44612261874_0d8183f13b_k.jpg
IMG_20181013_143527 by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

44612271514_b41604d744_k.jpg
IMG_20181013_145209 by Alan Kaveney, on Flickr

Apart from that the car is running great and is such fun to drive every day .

BMW M4; S1000 RR
No not done this myself or taken the car on track as it is my day to day car but the Pumaspeed one did a 12.06 in the link below .

At first I was like wtf. But you typo’d the time. 12.6 @ 115. Which is still pretty much M3 pace.

And with FWD launch. In gear acceleration must be mad.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yes launch is not easy nor is second gear as I can get this to spin the wheels in the dry at will so you have to use some throttle control in second .

In gear is fun and the below shows that they are quick when rolling on a stage 3 tune ( not keen on the vid and the Fiesta in the vid is running around 319 I think not 330 BHP ) .

I have half a mind to take the badge off and keep it stock looking as this could be more fun as the exhaust and car is on the same noise level so does not look or sound like it is anything other than stock :)

At first I was like wtf. But you typo’d the time. 12.6 @ 115. Which is still pretty much M3 pace.

And with FWD launch. In gear acceleration must be mad.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Over the Christmas holidays I got round to doing a few service jobs on the car .

Firs up was some new spark plugs .

Not really needed as they were only changed last year but for £ 29.00 its worth doing .

New and old

X0bLBtDQ.jpg

KXM62wtd.jpg

Then it was on to top up the coolant but this was only about a shot glass needed to have this back on the max mark .

eYiaXQ5p.jpg

The ITG air filter needed a good clean as was looking very dirty so a deep clean and re oil was done .

HvNp5VkX.jpg

0IjuBy2q.jpg

iGE4MmBh.jpg

and re installed

8QUlWAgG.jpg

Then a quick clean of the MAF sensor

fQsMMjan.jpg

Then to change the wiper blades for some new Bosh units

AasMDWmm.jpg

Then some BG fuel system cleaner

NIf0K3p0.jpg

Then for an engine flush and a new oil filter and some new oil

1ppg5acU.jpg

lDSuXGtQ.jpg

And to finish off a new Mountune air freshener and new Mountune rear badge .

DTTIZsUX.jpg

8CzGsmQj.jpg

I also checked and tightened up all of the boost clamps to finish off the small service .

Attachments

• X0bLBtDQ.jpg
    X0bLBtDQ.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 54
  • KXM62wtd.jpg
    KXM62wtd.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 65
  • eYiaXQ5p.jpg
    eYiaXQ5p.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 8QUlWAgG.jpg
    8QUlWAgG.jpg