ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Mk VI (really a IV) R32

Mk4 .:R32
After an age of research and changing my mind due to the price of Petrol, I finally decided to take the plunge and sell the 182 to fund one of my (realistic) dream cars.

After driving all across the country I found one in Essex. We drove up and upon arrival found a few bad points with the bodywork, such as parking dents and scratches and lots of stonechips, its on 70K miles but mechanically its perfect and it also had 4 brand new Michelin Pilot tyres with recent Haldex service and a wedge full of receipts. I handed over the cash and drove back down to Portsmouth in bank holiday traffic :( Lol.

Iam still getting used to it as I had the Clio for almost 3 years, but it is so different from the 182. Its no were near as 'chuckable' but it pulls like a train, so much more refined, the level of grip is brilliant and the NOISE!!! Even with a standard exhaust and 'Flapper' mod :rasp:.
Iam currently getting anywhere between 8 - 27mpg Lol, but as I only do about 7 miles a day its not really an issue.
IMG_5539.jpg

The 182 :(

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

Future mods are; Polo rear wiper, 20mm spacers on the rear, Milltek resonated exhaust, AMD remap, Cupra splitter, new discs and pads and a general bodywork tidy up.

2.2 bar shed.
Re: New Car - Mk VI R32

Thats a Mk 4 not a Mk 6 ;) Nice, do want an R32 for a winter daily.

Turbos.

Isn't it a Mark IV? Certainly the best colour for it, you can see why it is so popular.

Lol yes it is a MK4, my bad! Looking forward to see how Haldex works in the snow but iam in no rush lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

I love the R32's

I had a little drive of my mates one a few years ago and loved it!

Shame they are so thirsty but you can have everything :)

That really is the only downfall I can think of! I managed 31MPG on a motorway run and 8MPG on a 30 min blast on two different occasions lol :S.

Milltek'd clio 182

stunning mate, really nice, especially the sound of a milltek exhaust on these, they soud puuurrrrrfect

Listerine & Poledo

lovely machine.

oh, but if you're going to blank out your number plates, you may as well do them all ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Stunning mate, thee best colour for them.

Well played.

SQ5
Loved mine, bit slow but the comfort and noise made up for it! Unfortunatley some stupid Canadian wrote it off :(

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Tidy. Love the noise from these.

(the edited title should read "really an IV" ;) )

Lol Iam aware I failed in the title.

Yeh it is fairly slow but Its so much heavier than the 182. Milltek is 100% on the shopping list too

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I do like them. Just not that quick for the fuel they use. The seats are horrid. Everyone in the VAG scene love them but to me they look like ebay specials. Im on my own though..haha

Listerine & Poledo
to me they look like ebay specials. Im on my own though..haha

In fairness, so do the MG Z-cars and the Clio V6.
First time the missus saw one she laughed endlessly about the "s**tty chav chariot, why would someone do that to a Clio!?".
She does have kind of a point,. but she was still given extra ironing and washing up for such a comment

When all said and done though, I love the R32's, either type.

I do like them. Just not that quick for the fuel they use. The seats are horrid. Everyone in the VAG scene love them but to me they look like ebay specials. Im on my own though..haha

I find them really nice and they support you really well. Think they were a £2k option when new in full leather spec!

Just need to get it looked at as they are starting to 'sag' around the a*se but thats fairly common problem now.

Yeah Dark Blue is Ultra rare, as is the Gunmetal Grey. Wasn't there a guy on here with a Grey one? Awesome colour.

I think these look stunning. IMO they're about the best looking Golf ever made. Not as keen on the newer shaped ones though (no idea on Mk. numbers).

Are they much quicker than the Clio?

Clio Hybrid / S3
I think these look stunning. IMO they're about the best looking Golf ever made. Not as keen on the newer shaped ones though (no idea on Mk. numbers).

Are they much quicker than the Clio?

Not really, straight line the Golf should just have the edge. The power delivery and noise is just in another league however and cannot be compared!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I find them really nice and they support you really well. Think they were a £2k option when new in full leather spec!

Just need to get it looked at as they are starting to 'sag' around the a*se but thats fairly common problem now.

Yeah a mate has them in cream leather. I dont mean any offence, like i say im on my own. Most people i know love them. :)

Cheers for the comments.

Just ordered a mk5 rear wiper, .:R centre caps and some detailing bits for the weekend :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I like the rear grills you can buy for the rear bumper.

Also seen a few with ronal centre caps which looks trick.

H&R springs give it a nice stance too!

Yeah the rear grills do look good, so do the front side ones on the front of the bumper when they have been cut Lol.

Iam not 100% about lowering it, ive heard a few stories about it messing up the Haldex and tracking? Not certain how true that is though.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lowering is fine. Just dont put odd size tyres on thats all. But then im gessing your not looking to change the wheels.

What are these grills you speak of?