ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car now crashed car :( :(

CLS, RS MEG
Word of advice. This happened to me before xmas. Dont ring your insurance company. Contact a solicitors and get them to claim off her insurance. It's the best way, they'll have your car taken away and assessed by independant people, you'll get a hire car and a cheque within two weeks if its written off. Then they'll look into damages for you and compo.

Elise/VX220/R26
Get onto your insurance and really complain about neck back and shoulders. Go for physio, go to docs for painkillers etc. I got 4 and half grand just in compo, Still trying to get my losses! Teach the other bloke to fall sleep at the wheel!

Whats the point in telling him to get there if it isn't that bad though? It would just be a fake claim, pushing everyone elses premiums up. The accident speeds can't have been too high otherwise there would be more damage.
Its shocking that nowadays people just assume they can receive compensation for being involved in an accident, and when something like this accident happens on here theres always someone that hints to faking a whiplash claim.

I agree. My Mrs had a drunk driver hit her from behind in January this year (doing 50+mph) she has been genuinley injured and still has back problems now. Trouble is because theres so many fake claims about everyone assumes that your faking it! TBH the damage there doesnt look like it could cause whiplash. This is whiplash!

image221bn5.jpg

Mrs was waiting on a red light, pissed up little cocksucker comes round corner doing 70, luckily was braking when he hit her but they still rekon he was doing over 50 at the point of impact.

Clio 182 Trophy
Unlucky mate. I bet she was admiring her new aquisitions before slamming into you.

I agree with Polarbert and Jonnyboy about making an injury claim, it's probably going to drag the whole process out and ultimately it could be for nothing.

Dont go to those ambulance chasers, they benefit more than the injured party does.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
f**k man, thats a shitter! we were just talking about youre RB at the mini meet too! :(

Clio 182
:( absolutely gutted for you, in a way it might be better if it is a write off, my mums mini was never the same again after it was repaired.

hope you have no trouble with the insurance re the exhaust, I'd hope they wont be as picky since it wasn't your fault.. My brothers mate wrote his car off, which had a few undeclared things on it, they repaired everything except the parts he hadn't declared - but then that all depends on who you're insured with I suppose

MKIII 138
so are you going to sue the thick gooney ? i mean driving an omega is one thing, crashing it into a very obviously stand out light blue 182 takes the idiot award.

so are you going to sue the thick gooney ? i mean driving an omega is one thing, crashing it into a very obviously stand out light blue 182 takes the idiot award.

It looks more like an Astra too me but the same applies, I reckon she was either on the phone/ texting or *****ing about with her shopping.

Chocolate Bar™
hard luck mate, i know how this feels only too well. Doubt its a write off, my 1.2 had similar damage at a lower value and got repaired

Clio
ahhh ryan mate, gutted for you pal, hope it all gets sorted asap and doesnt cost you too much :(, il speak to you about it on msn later pal.

Da

Less
RB's are cursed I tell thee...!
This reminds me of Dan's little mis-hap in the first day of ownership :(

visualize whirled pe
I hope you are feeling better and your car gets sorted out.

I got hit from behind, luck would have it that I saw the idiot behind me the split second before he hit me so although I didnt have time to brace myself I knew what was comming, my missus didn't have that luxury though and we had a bad necks afterwards for a couple of days.
The damage we sustained (to our mx5) was way worse than yours and we didnt claim neck injury (even though the guy who caused the accident acted like a tw*t afterwards) because, in all honesty, the stiff neck wore off after a couple of days so I wouldn't claim for an injury I didn't have.
My dad got hit from behind in a moggy minor and he actually bent the steel frame in the non reclining seats with his back to a virtually lying down position. The engine in the renault that ran into him fell out and it's driver couldn't close the doors afterwards as the whole car was bent and had to be scraped off the road, that give you an idea of the force of the crash, he had a bad back for a week but didnt claim (or complain about the pain the crazy sod) and certainly should have!!
These days it seems that it is implied that you must claim for personal injury no matter how minor. imo I'd say if you are genuinly uncomfortable then definately make a claim, but if it's just a sore neck that passes after a day or two I think it's a bit missleading to make a claim.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Sorry to see what happened, people should pay attention.

I had an accident a few months back now, should of wrote my car off but decided not to go through insurance heres a few pics. yeah i had a sore neck and back, but sod all i cld do as i wasnt claming, which was my choice, as they wld of taken my car and written it off, instead im repairing it.
anyway hope all goes well for you matey. :)

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
They will be buying new exhaust. They said mods only have to be declared if i am using my insurance or they where the coarse of The crash

Cheers for the comments everyone

Ad

MK2 FRS
image221bn5.jpg

Fook me..... my old derv... pretty bad!!!

As for whiplash, my 182 was similar damage to ryan's and I had a sore neck for well over a week. Whiplash can happen at 5mph. You'd be amazed at the damage you can do to you back from what seems like something and nothing.

1.6 focus zetec....
Was going to say thats no write off... Re-weld a new boot floor in there and you'll be alrite. I know theres all the stuff about the rear end being weaker but i dont think insurance companies would do it if it wasn't safe!

I got bummed for not declaring mods to my insurance company when i had a simular crash but the person who was at fault, his insurance paid out and repaired my car which is strange... i got the insurance being made void over turned afterwards but still very strange!! Now ive declared everything all the way down to my aftermarket gear knob and it didn't cost me a penny.

Was going to say thats no write off... Re-weld a new boot floor in there and you'll be alrite. I know theres all the stuff about the rear end being weaker but i dont think insurance companies would do it if it wasn't safe!

I got bummed for not declaring mods to my insurance company when i had a simular crash but the person who was at fault, his insurance paid out and repaired my car which is strange... i got the insurance being made void over turned afterwards but still very strange!! Now ive declared everything all the way down to my aftermarket gear knob and it didn't cost me a penny.
So did they pay for mods too??

1.6 focus zetec....

So did they pay for mods too??

Yeah... they asked me if i wanted a standard exhaust and bumper putting back on as i had aftermarket and i said nah i'd like the aftermarket mods and they did just that

1.6 focus zetec....
I went through my own insurance first who took the car away and a week later came back saying you've got such and such mods done to your car. I argued with them about it but i had no car and had to do something, i was then told by a family friend to phone up his insurance and say i want to claim against so and so... the chap had admitted liability so they agreed to repair it and didnt question that i didnt have my mods declared... Probably cos i weren't insured with them!!

Im sure you'll be alrite mate

1.6 focus zetec....
And they'll repair it i would of thought... my spare tyre burst because the boot floor was pushed in that much but they repaired it

Clio 197
I wouldn't say that was a right off, are your seat belts just sh*t or wasn't you wearing one (not a good choice when you've got an airbag)

My trusty lil 182 :)
Bummer. Fingers crossed its not a write off. Had a similare accident in mine, without the exhaust damage, and repairs were about £3.5k all in. Its amazing how soft the backs of these cars are!

Believe face hitting steering wheel is quite common in rear end shunts. know a few people who have said the same. Hope the pain goes soon.

Car is getting fixed its about £5000 worth of damage and face is still hurting :( car has gone in to be fixed should have it back soon. I have a fez at mo lol