ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car now crashed car :( :(

Maz

LY 200
Not good Ryan .. make sure you get yourself checked out if your in pain .. cars are replacble..

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
had a look at in this morning in the light the boot floor has a pannal that cuts out witch is good

Da

Less
Gutting mate, can't imagine how you're feeling right now! :(

Least you're ok though that's the main thing bud! :)

Maz

LY 200

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Gutted for ya mate . Lookin at the pics i doubt they'll write if off though .

Ad

MK2 FRS
should be repairable and tbh, it wont affect the resale too much as the rears are pretty straight forward to repair and they can make a good job of them. Mine was rear ended, although not quite as bad as that.

Probably looking at 3ks worth of damage at a rough guess.

Make sure you use one of the the hire companies who replace your car with something similar. Britannia are local to us, and you get a cooperS normally.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
From my experience crumpled boot = write off. No way you can straighten that out as its integral to the strengh of the car.

Must say its unlucky, although i dont share your opinion about it being ok not to have declared the exhaust on the premise that it is going through the other persons insurance. Infact you sure that your policy is still valid as legally you are not really supposed to be driving and on that basis you should not have been on the road and wouldnt have had the crash.

Thats my thinking anyhow.

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
From my experience crumpled boot = write off. No way you can straighten that out as its integral to the strengh of the car.

Must say its unlucky, although i dont share your opinion about it being ok not to have declared the exhaust on the premise that it is going through the other persons insurance. Infact you sure that your policy is still valid as legally you are not really supposed to be driving and on that basis you should not have been on the road and wouldnt have had the crash.

Thats my thinking anyhow.
Insurance have said it dont matter bout stuff that was on car they will get repaired

You have to declare it to your insurance company even if it isnt your fault. If for nothing else, they will liase with the other party's insurance company and sort it (or fight it) on your behalf.

Fiesta Zetec S
Me and Jen found it hard to get to sleep! It was mad how hard she hit us! Luckilly were all ok-ish lol

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Looks nasty. I had an accident very similar to this in my 206gti, the bootfloor was bent very much like yours and the car was only worth around 3.5k and they never even mentioned writing it off.

1998 BMW e46 323i
my car had similar damage from me reversing into a telegraph pole at UNDER 5mph (I know I'm thick). Bar the exhaust, the damage was v.similar... Mine was repaired by my own insurers. The only gripe I have is the panel gaps on the boot. Other than that the car's as good as new. Was going to get the garage to keep hold of the car and sort it, but needed the car for work and I'm not gonna re-sell my car, we're together til the end!

I'll find the thread with pictures of mine for you...

RB 182
Its your own insurance that will repair it, then claim it back from the other cars insurance, so you do have to declare it.

The only thing i can think of is that they'll just replace it with a standard one, as it looks near enough standard

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Get onto your insurance and really complain about neck back and shoulders. Go for physio, go to docs for painkillers etc. I got 4 and half grand just in compo, Still trying to get my losses! Teach the other bloke to fall sleep at the wheel!

Whats the point in telling him to get there if it isn't that bad though? It would just be a fake claim, pushing everyone elses premiums up. The accident speeds can't have been too high otherwise there would be more damage.
Its shocking that nowadays people just assume they can receive compensation for being involved in an accident, and when something like this accident happens on here theres always someone that hints to faking a whiplash claim.

Sorry to hear about this Ryan it looked mint at the meet, silly old bint.
I wouldn't worry about the exhaust not been declared, 1. they probably won't notice it 2. it will be going through her insurance.
Her insurance will be paying for the repair so they won't even get to see your insurance policy.
A mate of mine was stationary on a 30mph road waiting to turn right as there was lots of traffic coming the other way. An OAP went straight up the back of him at 40mph+ in a huge peugeot, my mate was in a Saxo 1.1. The old b*****d didn't even brake. The Saxo had undeclared lexus lights (lol) and an induction kit. The claim went through and he got a very good price for the car, he also got £2k compo for whiplash.

The same lad wrote of his Zetec S about 2 months ago, no other car involved was going to quick and swerved to avoid a cat and put the car up a kerb and into a tree, shattering one of the alloys. That was lowered 40mm+ and was part of the reason for the damage to the underside of the car, gearbox etc. The garage that recovered it noticed the brightly coloured springs but the insurance accessor didn't, claim went through fine.

sorry to hear about this last night mate, as said if i can help with lifts etc give us a call. just got back to leeds to pick up stuff, was thinking of asking if you wanted to come with for the drive to take your mind off things but wasnt sure it was a good "take your mind off things" idea :S

jamie

damn fell sorry for you mate

racing blue 182's are cursed, iv only had mine 3 -4 weeks think i might have to get a different colour - there has been a few crashes after people only having them a couple of weeks...

M

mini-valver

No way, gutted. Declaring mods is a bit of a grey area when you crash, you should declare them but if you don't and crash I think they'd only punish you if the mod was a factor in the crash I.e if it's lowered and a ball joint snaps and you hit knacker the front end......

Don't quote me on that but I know a lot of people who've crashed with un-declared mods and not had a problem!

No more clio's for me!
Gutted for you mate.

Its repairable tho. :)

Oh, get your self off to the docs mate, whiplash is a c*nt and you'll be feeling worse 3-4days after the accident!

Hope all gets sorted ASAP!!