ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Ordered...

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
197 FF in White with White Speedlines, Recaros, Xenons and Cup suspension....

£14800...:cool:

Delivery March 23rd - 2 days before birthday!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
So you don't think this looks the nuts then....[;)]

clio%20cup%204.JPG

http://www.cliosportclub.it/nuova clio rs cup.htm

Far far nicer than black rims....and spoiler is gash. The Autocar 197 Cup test put me right off the spoiler and black rims....

Cup is a waste of money when you can get the spec I have plus all the other standard goodies for £1000 more...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ that looks good, but that is the real deal;)

Hope you like cleaning wheels, rust is a bugger.

Cooper S
Along with the Golf Gti, 106 Rallye and BMW 130i this is one of the few cars that looks sweet in white imo...however, ALOT of people buying white ones....

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Cup is a waste of money when you can get the spec I have plus all the other standard goodies for £1000 more...

Did you price a CUP up? I paid 2K less than yours.

But you got a really good deal and only if I had the spare 2k would of ordered a FF 197. Not keen on the colour coded side strips and wing mirro though.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
£2000 less but what did you get in it? I'm guessing not much if anything.

I got over £3500 worth of discount....not bad!

I am having the side strips kept unpainted black plastic, but I want the wing mirrors sprayed white....

I am also looking into ordering the roof vent form RSport along with other bit sand bobs like the tow hook eyes etc....they can get the cages and seats as well....

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I thought on the FF the mirrors and stripes came black and you got no choice in it?

Dan

Liquid 182
I was with him for a couple of days at the Clio cup scholarship earlier in the week and he never mentioned it once! Sly dog... lol

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
I have a special order in to keep the rub strips unpainted like the cup....but the wing mirrors painted as the cup mirrors look crap unpainted....

Harry....you haven't been online since we got home! And haven't been chatting to tell you!

Lee

BMW M2C

I am having the side strips kept unpainted black plastic, but I want the wing mirrors sprayed white....

I am also looking into ordering the roof vent form RSport along with other bit sand bobs like the tow hook eyes etc....they can get the cages and seats as well....

That's close to £2k more than I've paid for a white Cup, Recaros and aircon. £2k I'd much rather keep in my pocket for household bills and a holiday.

Nice spec though. Having gone from a 172 to a 182 to the Trophy know I can do without all the stuff you can add just to impress your mates.

The white speedlines tend to look a bit lost under the arches, they don't have the same offset as the ones pictured on the Cup race car.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hmmm, Lee, you spec of Cup would be everything I'd want to be fair. Now, are Xenons, soft dash dash (does anyone ever stroke their dash?), keyless entry (personally HATE that, but I know some people love it) and a nicer steering wheel worth £2k... Well I won't lie, when I look at it like that it makes the Cup seem a lot more appealing as £2k would pay my insurance for the whole time I'd own the car (assuming I had it for 3 years) and probably still leave me with a couple of hundred quid for tyres...

I've always been on the side of FF with cup suspension would be the winner for me before but from this point of view the Cup suddenly makes a whole load more sense.

Those pre reg. ones at Arnold Clark someone mentioned for £12.5k with black wheels, recaros and AC really do sound like p**n. Although I really like the white wheel combo as well, but as Lee said they need spacers to look like the Cup racer wheel.

Dan

Lee

BMW M2C
I've always liked my toys, but I've realised lately that I don't actually need or use any of them. I always had the climate on manual in the 172 and 182. I had the auto lights on manual also. The standard headlights on the Trophy still light the road up for me.

There are 3 things I'd like on the Cup which it doesn't have. The better wheel (though the one on it is actually very nice), the aluminium pedals and heated wingmirrors. None of those are deal stoppers when you consider what I have got for a around £13k.

For me the 182 Cup was let down by the seats, which do count for me. Being able to spec Recaros solves that. Plus the standard 197 seats are superb as it is.

If I'd not bought a house last year I would have bought a FF one and not taken any of that into account though!! But would I have got a better car? Probably not, just a different car.

Either way I'm really pleased with my purchase. I think I'd like the wing mirrors in white but the black rub strips really look got to me.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I got A/C but no Recaro's, don't think they'll be comfortable after a 3 1/2 hour drive.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

The white speedlines tend to look a bit lost under the arches, they don't have the same offset as the ones pictured on the Cup race car.

Nothing a set of hubcentric spacers and coilovers won't sort out...;)

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Does anybody think the tints, climate control, and auto lights and wipers are worth the extra money? Thinking about adding them on? Also thinking about having the door handles left unpainted like the cup? Opinions?

Liquid 182
Id go for the tints & auto wipers/lights.
Tints will look fantastic against the white combo. Depending on charge, remember Pentagon tint windows just outside Lisburn and do a fantasic job.

And as for the auto lights and wipers, thats one thing I will really miss when I sell my Clio, think its a fantasic idea.

Climate control would be nice too but maybe not worth the extra cash in my opinion.
If it was me, id probably leave the door handles the satin silver, will tie in with the side badges etc. Plus I think the cup personally almost has a bit too much black plastic going on down the side, looks very poverty.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

I got A/C but no Recaro's, don't think they'll be comfortable after a 3 1/2 hour drive.
personally I found the recaro's more comfortable over the standard seats :S