ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car time again

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
And you've chosen the worst picture possible!

A black or white one without those wheels looks ten times better.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols. The top spec ones do look better but they're awesome either way depending on what you need. The hybrid one is hilarious.

They'll never be pretty as it's a stretch 911 but still...

6a5369775da1685828d5b3fa02151fde.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
An A45 or similar might give better MPG on a run than a C63 but if you're using all its performance it wont be much better at all! If you want the performance you use the fuel one way or another..

Tax savings, really? 55k budget and you want to save £250 a year on road tax?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Maserati over the merc every day of the week, oozes class, dont know about performance though.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Rs6 is one hell of a shout.

Guy I know has one of those maserati's. They certainly look the part. I've never given one any stick to really know.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm all for noise as you know. They just are big slow heffers!
They're not for chavving it around in.
Big, yes
Slow, in comparison to?....
Heffers, They're a s**t ton less visually offensive than [insert BMW / Audi / Merc model]

:)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Big, yes
Heffers, They're a s**t ton less visually offensive than [insert BMW / Audi / Merc model]

:smile:
Slow in comparison to his Jag. The boggo Granturismo is about as fast as my M3 IIRC

Listerine & Poledo
And that's not quick enough for demolishing a continent?
I though M3's were the ultimate in car technology ever. Ever. No argument. They're the best. Always.

But if OP wants a 50k car to chav around in, how about 2 Clio V6. That way there's a spare for when the first one aims itself at a wall, or explodes.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Big, yes

:smile:
Far one.

The 4.2's don't sound that good and are slow.

The 4.7's are E92 M3 pace if lucky and only sound good when the MC shift model but the MC gearbox is awful (ready as really awful)

Now there is an MC Sport model with the proper auto and the good exhaust but thats out of his budget.

Listerine & Poledo
So either the rover is worth more, or the zonda isn't worth the money, going by CS Logic.

Not a 320d
Just want to throw this out there about the A45/CLA45 gearbox...

Pain in the ass. Its not shift times, rather the hesitant downshifts coupled with the strange gear ratio difference between 2nd and 3rd, and a lower rev limiter in 2nd. Drive it properly and youll see what I mean. Good car otherwise - steering was actually quite decent as well by 'modern' standards. You can make your own mind up about the engine and the noise it makes. Too expensive for what it is IMO. There are remaps/boxes available that alter the gearbox and the rev limiter available for it.

Mate of mine has a Panamera hybrid (petrol 6 banger) and the gearbox is also w**k.

Was about to mention Exige S3 - But judging by the suggestions here (mainly V8 boats) you may not want such a car.