ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car time....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
so the audi s4 has engine issues, and is being sold or broken shortly :( would cost far too much to fix and didn't have the time to do it.

fancied a change before it went tits up anyway...

so i got this.

null_zps7cf19560.jpg

null_zps332ed4e3.jpg

massively happy with it, pretty much every option possible on it :) not loud enough for me though so will sort the exhaust shortly.

said i won't modify it however i probably will :D well already changed the bonnet emblem to a flat badge.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its running 503bhp and yes its stupid quick... if i was to spend jus over 1k it would be over 600bhp!

S4 Avant
What went wrong with the S4?

mines still going strong aside from a few niggles. Nothing engine related yet!

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
Very nice! I pretty sure I drove passed this on the way home. You live in P... A.....?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
God damn.

very cheap although I bet they are a b*****d to run. Fuel consumption/brakes/servicing I reckon you'd spend more money on things like that than the actual cost of the car. Awesome still:)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Very nice! I pretty sure I drove passed this on the way home. You live in P... A.....?
Yeh lol!

as for brakes a set of pads and discs all round is 450 parts price! Cheap tbh as they are huge!!!!

Mpg im getting 24mpg average.... Have seen 7 mpg though. Tbh it looks pretty normal will post more pics tomorrow :)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeh lol!

as for brakes a set of pads and discs all round is 450 parts price! Cheap tbh as they are huge!!!!

Mpg im getting 24mpg average.... Have seen 7 mpg though. Tbh it looks pretty normal will post more pics tomorrow :)

Thats actually not too bad, what a machine. Are they bulletproof or do they have issues?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Box and engine are pretty much bullet proof... The sbc braking system can fail which is 2k + to replace and air suspension is known to go which is 1k a corner at dealership... In America there are 600+bhp ones on 200k miles

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I just ran an insurance quote on one out of interest, its come in at 20 quid LESS than the 182!!! feck it i'm buying one!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it. A friend took his to OZ as it was worth double what it was here.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i looked at the silver one posted but got mine with less miles and more options :) mine has double glazing and sound deadened doors, only option i wanted and didn't get was dynamic seats with massage but they always break lol...

another reason i went for this car it has the brake servo done (2k + labour) new airmatic front and rear (4k) new brakes and new tyres! no rust anywhere, bonnet has some stone chips but i will get that sorted :)

interior is unmarked still has the nokia mobile phone in the centre console which will be changed for a bluetooth puk (plugs in to the hands free in place of the phone handset and lets you use it as bluetooth)

as for traction, the traction control does a very good job, it gives a bit of slide but when you get too mad it does kick in! with it off its mental! standstill and touch the accelerator too much it will light up the wheels with ease! and it will do smokey laps of roundabouts until you feel sick but its a BIG car its no way near as easy to chuck about as my s14 or rx7 was however there isn't much i have driven that would keep up with it! 0-60 is 4.1 seconds lol! and they will once delimited do 180+ without much hassle!

its more thirsty than my s4, less thirsty than my rx7 but i work from home so its a fun toy really

had this misses in the car tonight set off from some lights and she said it made her feel sick it was that quick at accelerating! and I'm not allowed to do it again :)

spent the day polishing it then a layer of triple and c2v3 wheels need a refurb, not from curbing but just the paint bubbling up on some of them :( taking it to mercedes next week to borrow their star system to lower it a bit.

i thought about a rs6 c5 but they just look a little too dated now and suspension and gearboxes worry me and my last audi wasn't too nice to me so that also put me off :(

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Awesome, went out in my step dads C63 AMG 507 last night the noise is the best bit get some pipes on yours!

Monaro VXR
Love it. A friend took his to OZ as it was worth double what it was here.

Most cars in OZ are worth more due to their taxes etc.

Like my Monaro, over here they go for £8-£14k, out there for my specific model you can be looking at $50,000 for a half decent one.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Good stuff always wanted one but the ones I've looked at to buy have all been dogs. As said you should have left the star on though IMHO, also whilst SBC is expensive it's not 2K, at least you don't have DPF to contend with as well. I'm not sure where you are in the country but I can't recommend these guys enough for servicing (they even do mods/maps as well):

http://www.prestigecarservice.co.uk

Last edited:
  Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Welcome to the world of Amg, you won't want to go back, sbc is rubbish system whoever thought brake by wire was a good idea il never know, good job it's been replaced!

You want a secondary cat delete and crosspipe on the exhaust, uprated johnsons pump for the charge cooler, smaller pulley for the supercharger, filters and remap hello 600hp

These cars are silly money now, if you can afford to run them.