ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car time....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
SBC is far from rubbish, I've had to use it in anger once when someone pulled out infront of me and it stopped the car in a heartbeat. The only reason it was replaced was because it's expensive to fix / replace and cost Mercedes too much as a result in goodwill payments.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Yes of course it works, it wouldn't be used in the first place if not, but it's been discontinued for a reason, what it does as a braking system is great and very clever, but if your flying down the road and your dash turns red and all you have to stop the car is unassisted braking literally just your pedal pressure on a soft pedal it's not good.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
To be honest it's annoying feeling it pressurise every 6 or so presses on the peddle, there is a damper mod that merc supposed to do but my local want me to pay 135 for them to look at it before they agree to do it :-/ luckily mates misses works at Bristol merc and she gonna try sort it for me :)

if I do any mods it will be new pump, intercooler, headders, 80mm tb, with exhaust and map that's 600 without a pulley... Would then do pulley, belt brace and possibly box remap which should see 650bhp but it will be a while yet :) exhaust first most likely go with a silencer delete until I find some c63 back boxes and I want to do e65 front end on it with rear diffuser and boot tip spoiler

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
E63 front end looks worse IMHO, especially on the older car. Rear diffuser and boot spoiler yes, but I'd just go with a front lip/spoiler personally. You can also do electronic mods to unlock extra features if you want to. (I had auto folding mirrors done on mine amongst a few other things as it wasn't standard on mine) see Comandonline

Very nice I'd have one of these if you could get manual I just hate auto :( It would be awesome with 500bho+ and a manual gearbox that would be fun!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
A manual E-Class is just wrong, there is actually one in my road which I always laugh at.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not AMG, just a regular E-Class non-sport / AMG, 220 CDI (older one). Wrong engine, wheels, gearbox etc

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
E63 front end looks worse IMHO, especially on the older car. Rear diffuser and boot spoiler yes, but I'd just go with a front lip/spoiler personally. You can also do electronic mods to unlock extra features if you want to. (I had auto folding mirrors done on mine amongst a few other things as it wasn't standard on mine) see Comandonline

why lol the rest of the car is the same lol?! already have most features turned on, i just want to lower via star and also turn lock beep on too.

as for the m3 comment... why would i want a car that was slower than my s4 lol? my s4 would easily out run a m3 lol, i did it more than once lol, and the e55 amg will literally destroy a m3 lol i don't care if it won't do corners as quick by time i have taken the corner and got on a straight a m3 won't get near lol!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The rest of the car isn't the same (mirrors, wheels, boot lid) and it just spoils the original look of the E55, that's just my opinion. It seems like I'm coming across critical, but big respect for the purchase, if I was a bit more adventurous I'd have one myself.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Nice motor, I get my new c63 a week today, can't wait.

Re the random M3 comment, what s4 did you have? My e46 would regularly pull away on stock b7 s4s, not sure about other s4's (turbos etc)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Had a b6 s4 and I had plays with 2 mates m3's and pulled lengths on both of them.... Plus had a few other ransoms on the road and the s4 was pretty much stock....

the c63 is a amazing car, mate had one before deciding it was too dangerous for him/his licence lol, slight mods will have a e55 keeping up but they do look a lot newer the one thing that's much better is the exhaust noise on the c63 they sound amazing lol first time I went in it put seatbelt on and when it tightens down it scared the life out of me thought someone was in the back pulling on it

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
couple of phone photos

extended napa leather
null_zpsc662bc4e.jpg

null_zpsd70219b2.jpg

not a massive fan of the steering wheel :(
null_zps97dbbba8.jpg

old school nokia that will be replaced with a bluetooth puk
null_zpsad59d13c.jpg

rear door blinds
null_zpsb1c3d853.jpg

electronic rear window blind
null_zpsd824d955.jpg

nav with start keyless start stop shifter
null_zpse7bee0a7.jpg

hidden cd changer that is behind the lower control panel which is one of my fav things though i don't use the changer watching it open is so cool lol
null_zps3cc7badc.jpg

engine :D
null_zpsaf47eb0b.jpg

front MASSIVE brakes!
null_zps6ea07ffe.jpg

rears
null_zpsb7afdd7e.jpg

final beading shot :)
null_zps897b1caa.jpg

what went on the S4 out of interest ....... mines going up for sale shortly along with the 172 to be replaced by an e350 cab

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
harv pm,

strell they are stupid quick and they do drink fuel, on a long run 27-30mpg is possible, around town I'm seeing 15-19mpg now. i wouldn't want to use it to commute as it would cost too much.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Very nice, very good spec. The steering wheel does look like it's from a bus though, a guy on the MB forum changed his to the e63 one which is much better (like mine but with paddles). You are also missing some of the trim covers under the bonnet (to the top left and right of the engine) which I've seen on a few cars now. I've got accessory blinds in mine but I'm taking it to be tinted on Wednesday.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
alice you've bought an old man's car!! ;)

I'm nearly 30 lol ;)

didn't realise there was covers missing you got a pic of what I'm missing?? i will prob get rear windows tinted, i would do the fronts but had to peel them off of the s4 when stopped by police :(

would love a c63 steering wheel and c63 start stop shifter but wheel is massively pricey! its the air bag and buttons that let it down and its too thin :( c63 paddles will fit pretty easy will see how it goes to be honest :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I absolutely love that. Blends in well but is a complete hooliagan.

Love it. Much better than that S4 you had.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Epic barge, boss had one new a couple of years back, took it to DMS and saw 200 on the speedo on the way back down the M3 lol. Didnt really cope with that much power particularly well though, bit umm, sideways. He's got a new e63 AMG now which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Timing chain issues on the S4 by any chance?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Epic barge, boss had one new a couple of years back, took it to DMS and saw 200 on the speedo on the way back down the M3 lol. Didnt really cope with that much power particularly well though, bit umm, sideways. He's got a new e63 AMG now which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Timing chain issues on the S4 by any chance?

E63 is supposed to have a few issues with the engine but they look wicked, will as I said most likely do a front end swap on mine :)

yeh the traction control is a bit of a piss take lol I think it's more of a stop u ending up backwards control but you can still go sideways control lol

Like I said on Friday, I love it! kudos for not getting a boring silver one!
Smart motor & I can't imagine just how fast it is.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
strell they are stupid quick and they do drink fuel, on a long run 27-30mpg is possible, around town I'm seeing 15-19mpg now. i wouldn't want to use it to commute as it would cost too much.

Yeah got a 15 mile each way commute so nothing to long at 20 odd mpg but would be the huge hidden bill that scares me most

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Thought you only bought jap crap... I'm pleasantly surprised!

Seeing as my last car was an audi s4 lol.... Did contemplate getting a gtr but as I not long ago bought a house I didn't want to end up counting pennies just yet, couple years time I will go gtr but for now this is good enough :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seeing as my last car was an audi s4 lol.... Did contemplate getting a gtr but as I not long ago bought a house I didn't want to end up counting pennies just yet, couple years time I will go gtr but for now this is good enough :)

House over cars all day long.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
gave her a clean today :)

null_zps82e404c6.jpg

hopefully getting the exhaust started on this week! and hopefully by xmas i should have long pipe headers, x pipe and the rest I'm unsure on, headers will give me a 50bhp boost though lol! hopefully getting carbon diffuser and splitter from the misses for xmas! have to say I'm loving it, besides it being pretty quiet i love the car, I'm having to use the cruise a lot when on the motorway etc as what feels like 70 is closer to nearly double, so its safer for my licence to use the cruise control lol!