ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car VXR Content

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Alright been a while since I have been active, as many of the scots will know my 172 cup which was a minter on low miles (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?490777-172-Cup-Project.-56k-beware&highlight=) was written off back in May.

So the search began as what to replace it with and I went for a clio 200 in storm grey with black speedlines, unfortunately after delay after delay after delay and so on with Salesmen arsing me around I told them to stuff it.

So I went in search of something else, I had thought about another 172 cup as I loved the last one or go for a 182 but I felt I would end up following the exact same path I had previously went, I wanted something different.

So I found this,

18k miles in Mint condition and got a great deal on it.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

I know its not everyones cup of tea but I will give it a go and see where it takes me!

Loving the engine always on boost (not great for petrol lol) and so nice to drive no effort for running about in and ofc the seats are awesome (tbh prob wouldnt have bought it if it didnt have the recaros)

Plans get rid of the 17s for the bigger wheels and maybe go gloss black on them, lowering it and possibly a remus if I can convince the mrs that it sounded that loud all the time! Also going to look at get the rear diffuser off and front fog surrounds and get them done black.

Cheers

Gaz

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Well compared to the cup bad! I can prob get around 260-280 out of a tank of v power. The average mpg over a 1000 miles is showing 34 so not too bad. Putting the foot right down shows at around 7mpg :)

Guess depends how you drive if you drive everywhere foot down its not gonna be cheap if you cruise around at times its not too bad I think i was spoiled by the cup which got 40mpg easily.

Nimbus Megane R26
7mpg when flooring it hah, ouch..you couldnt afford to do that all the time :)
My R26 is sitting around 25mpg around town :( 34 isnt bad though for yours :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Aye at 7mpg it's not really what u do all the time haha but sit on cruise control in between times and it's no bad

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
as per the meat we had, looks cracking with the recaros. Do like these and as iv said, more moddable than the clio 197/200 and more bhp per £. I would look into some nice suspension choices tidy up the handling as you said as well.

arctic 18s would be tidy. Remus is a superb choice :D

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Aye defo needs the 18s they are a popular mod of choice so right time right place for those it seems. Again going to look for a second hand Remus so waiting game for those. Heard some good things about janspeed springs 40mm so will give them a try also gives the car a decent drop.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
18's will look silly surely? Looks tidy though. My bora will get 5mpg when flooring it..lol

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Oh it will be a Remus as fagan and Ali say there is a reason everyone goes for it!

Compared to the Clio I love the engine so easy to drive and always on boost tho ain't cheap to boot it! Handling well unfair to compare as had the coilovers but standard I think the corsa rolls less.

Great to have a car that doesn't rattle tho

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I hate them, but I'm sure you had your reasons. The seats look amazing though.

I can understand not to everyones taste and not what I set out to get but the deal I got I feel was very good and tuning potential if I wish is there. The seats prob swung it tho as they are awesome.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah how can you tell :) going from a 1.6 16v back to a 2.0 turbo makes me smile boost FTW

Your loving this turbo malarky at the mo..haha

What do these map too with simple mods and the weight? What does the standard turbo limit them too power wisE?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Your loving this turbo malarky at the mo..haha

What do these map too with simple mods and the weight? What does the standard turbo limit them too power wisE?

Think around 220 ish mapped some are over 300bhp

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice that fella, do like them in Red, or the Artic ones, might even test one in a few months, try something different etc!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Nice that fella, do like them in Red, or the Artic ones, might even test one in a few months, try something different etc!

that artic one comes standard with a remus exhaust under warranty for vaux i do like but was none around Scotland at a good price when i was looking. Never had a red car but think its one of the best colours and I really like the ardens but too many of them!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
As you know i like it. Not sure if i'd have one. Need another blast around in it.

Top work young man

With no roundabouts involved this time. Sideways is always fun but not when u aint driving ur new car <3 Once the remus is on it and you have lowered it you may reconsider ;)

Skoda fabia Vrs
Deffo a nice car. Watch when you get it mapped as they run too rich and melt piston four! lol

Seats are awesome though!! Get the 18's and remus and suspension and its a winner!:cool:

Steve

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Took you long enough Gaz!

Yiu staying in bathgate?

Really not a fan of Corsas, but at least you chose the best colour, not blue like everybody else that owns one.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Love the Corsa VXRs. I used to have one (Arden Blue). Would highly recommend the Remus system.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Deffo a nice car. Watch when you get it mapped as they run too rich and melt piston four! lol

Seats are awesome though!! Get the 18's and remus and suspension and its a winner!:cool:

Steve

aye i fancy the 18s looking at dap springs just now. was wanting a remus however found a full miltek turbo back and the mrs shot it down so probs a no go!

Took you long enough Gaz!

Yiu staying in bathgate?

This thread has been up for a bit! aye stay in Wester Inch Village I meant to ask you, do you come here I keep seeing a puma about here?

Really not a fan of Corsas, but at least you chose the best colour, not blue like everybody else that owns one.

I had an order for a storm grey 200 but after they kept changing the date i got fed up waiting and got the corsa

Not a big fan myself, but looks good in red.

Love the Corsa VXRs. I used to have one (Arden Blue). Would highly recommend the Remus system.

Aye red is a bit less common do like arden blue but everyone has them in that! again would love a remus but i think the mrs may notice haha. What do you think compared to the 200 Noddie?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
What do you think compared to the 200 Noddie?

On the road they are very similar. So much so that really the only noticable difference is the significantly better brakes on the 200. I've also been fortunate to have driven both around Knockhill. Yes the 200 is amazing and slightly faster, I mean slightly around the track (But it was no suprise. Was to be expected really).

The Corsa however shocked me at how good it was also. This talk of them understeering at every corner is only usually by people who havent driven them.

I will eventually buy another Corsa VXR as I miss mine very much now.