ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car ""Wankel Content.....""

did a part ex on the clio for my dream car

1992 fd effini rx7, 360 bhp at 0.6 bar.

engine has done 400 miles since rebuild restricted to 4250 for nother 50 miles then i can put it to 5 on the apexi.

then my dream turned into a nightmare when the crank pulley sheared off as the owner over tightened the bolts.........

anyways will be fixed monday then back to running her in.

i need to attach the len's to the lights as well as give the interior a good valet. then begin the process of learning to drive that kind of power

did i mention im 19 :)

and when it all went south on the m4 40 miles from home

im very lucky im on a funeral directors fleet cover. thats it i guess. 80.56 more than the clio to insure, very lucky

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They aren't bad to insure with out bending the rules.

Just sack doing single figure MPG and thats from a V8 Rangie driver.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
gorgeous car that mate! i love rx7's. However id of probably waited till june/july time to get it, roads are about to turn to s**t for the next 5 - 6 months, with reports of the worst winter in a long time approaching :dapprove:

Still though like i said awesome car, very jealous.

Integra Type-R DC2
Speak to Malice if you ever find yourself with any questions about the car or future mods. He knows EVERYTHING about these cars.

I was trundelling through Piston Heads and your thread came up - thought, hmmm, not thought of one of those and came across it. Was not meant to provoke any comments chap, apologies.

RX7s are expensive still tbh, you wont find a clean one with that power on that fresh an engine for much less!

Turbos.
Nice motor. Was worried it would be an RX8 when i opened the thread!

Just needs stance and, personally, i prefer the pop ups.

Fleet insurance is a godsend!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
looks nice mate,
i also intend to own one of these, one day! lol

id change the headlights for standards,
change the backlights, wheels,
and get some stance on it!! possible loose the spoiler,

then id go weak at the knees

im not sure on the direction i wont to go yet.

first off rear lights are now back to standard after removing those gastly centre lights, and the '3 sony xplod subs' have been removed!

with the len's on the lights they look really nice, in the back of my mind i do miss the character pop ups give to the front end.

i'd like to have a splitter for the front as its not got one, have the wheels refurbed just to polish the lips up.

as for stance, i would love to and one day will do so.

ive had the car in the rain on the way back from picking it up and just a simple pull away from a junction can turn into a scene from initial d, defiantly got to be careful

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
f**king lovely mate. Did you leave my wheels on the part ex'd car? I would have bought them
Back :(

yes i did, he doesn't like them at all though if you wanted them i could always let him know. no idea why he had so much against them but each to there own

Mk5 golf gti
my mate got his at 18

all his wages went on it every month

and that was just repairing things and fuel lol

donuts in the local car park were immense though

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok...

nice car :)

couple issues... if you are running it in, you wont know what power it is, the advert says 200miles in to rebuild, if thats the case you dont wanna be touching boost at all! and when it is run in you want to get it propperly mapped, it will be on a generic map atm...

secondly get rid of that intercooler.... they are the worst designs ever! best you could do for now is make some ducting for it that will help, as for your crank pulley, you have also lost your trigger wheel, you need one otherwise you wont be going anywhere lol... and the 2 butterfly brackets that go inside the pulley...

get some stock lights and 99 spec them or buy 99 specs :) the rew manifold is nice :) wonder if the block was port matched for the lim.... get spacers for the wheels the mazdaspeed wheels look good once spacered out...

also depending on which sleek lights you have... you might have issues fitting poppups again if you want to :(

nice car though :) go careful its rx7 killing season

hi malice, ive got a dyno from pre biuld thats where i have the figure from.

its going to go back to tim gray motorsport after the run in period to be set up properly.

cant stress that the drive back was very easy on the engine, no ' i want to see how fast i can go at 4k'

i have all parts of the pulley, the trigger wheel being the one closest to the block when the three are assembled?

forgive me my learning curve starts here :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't mean to sound harsh, and i'm sure its a lovely car. But to me, they just scream trouble. Nothing but aggro.

EVERYONE I know who's had one (in real life or on a forum) has had problems. And I don't mean the usual problems, I mean big problems that need deep pockets to sort them. I personally will never ever own one purely for that reason.

LY R26
lovely!

be careful though, especially in this weather, don't want to see a write off thread in a few weeks time

Mk5 golf gti
I don't mean to sound harsh, and i'm sure its a lovely car. But to me, they just scream trouble. Nothing but aggro.

EVERYONE I know who's had one (in real life or on a forum) has had problems. And I don't mean the usual problems, I mean big problems that need deep pockets to sort them. I personally will never ever own one purely for that reason.

Agreed its because of this the closest thing i would do to owning one is get a mk1 mx5

i would love an RX7 though just it would have to be as a second car incase things go wrong

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hi malice, ive got a dyno from pre biuld thats where i have the figure from.

its going to go back to tim gray motorsport after the run in period to be set up properly.

cant stress that the drive back was very easy on the engine, no ' i want to see how fast i can go at 4k'

i have all parts of the pulley, the trigger wheel being the one closest to the block when the three are assembled?

forgive me my learning curve starts here :)

hi buddy, ahh ok :) was rebuild done by wgt?? you know if any porting was done?? do you have to go to tim grey?? tbh i wouldnt... i would take it somewhere that is known for tuning rx7's i would be going re:works, infact i am lol, in my opinion i would be going there and letting no one else map it, unless you go back to WGT and get pip to do it... does the engine not have a warrantee on it?? if so and if WGT built it i would of thought they would have to map it to keep it covered...

yeh trigger wheel is the disc that has holes in it and has a point sticking out... can see it just behind the pulley on my engine in this pic
P1000347.jpg

i know tim grey do rx7's but you just dont hear much about them... its up to you mate... join MRC and FDUK, FDUK being the most useful and friendly :) any questions gimme a shout :)

yes thats right, it was tim gray that did the build himself. the engine is under warrantee, ive got no problems with paying for it to be done properly else where so will follow the advice and look into the companies above.

i have the trigger wheel, thankfully the parts did not go far and all were in the bay.

ive sent you a pm, i have a few questions on getting the engine back running.

cheers

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Good work fella, treat her good!

Surely you can turn the wick up on the FIAT some more? ;)

Yeh I could but I had my 200 at 18 and my Megane at 19 and that was 260bhp and mad torques so that's enough for now ;)

Update on the fiat thread soon aswell lol

Oh and nice car, drift it biatch

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont drift it... they arent built for drifting you will need to do pretty serious mods to the steering settup as stock lock is pish lol.

Stripped yozza'd cup
It's beautiful mate.... But how are you going to get a coffin in it? Roof racks?

Also, the maintenance costs will be huge, but when you're paying pennies for insurance....