ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car

Clio 200 FF
Well i went to test drive a 182 today after waiting 3 days for the garage to open - 55 plate with 27k at £7495 which was cheap.

The car had the rear bumper painted as it was off colour and it had missed the 24k service so the warranty was void.

compared to my 2.0 petrol mk5 Golf it was in a different class - no refinement but was quick

Got a good deal worked out where i'd get cash back but i had some reserved thoughts so didn't sign up or leave a deposit (said i'd forgotten my CCs)

Drove up to a Renault dealers and had a go in a new shape Clio and even though it's a lot slower and has less toys i signed up for it -

Clio 1.6vvt Dynamic S - pick it up next week :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
erm a new shape and non renaultsport..

imho shocking choice when you could have had a renaultsport as new clio is quite a bit heavier.

Warranty will not have been void either they are usually pretty relaxed about them!

What was the reason for shifting the golf then? I reckon you cant be much better of with the clio?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv got the exact same 1.6 bus, its nice, but id sooner have the 172 all day.

honestly id change your mind and go back for the 182, as thats a well cheap price, who cares about the warranty

Clio 200 FF
well as i'm really only using the car to get to work and back i was wanting something relaxed - the 182 would have been better as a weekend car whereas the 1.6 suits my needs more (would have gone for the 2.0 but the only 1 i've seen was sold 5 mins before i phoned)

the 182 was 3k over the service time so i doubt Renault would have been happy to fix problems and i'd never buy another french car without a proper warranty due to previous experiences

i'll probably regret getting this car in a week or so (only had the golf 2 weeks) so might end up changing it again soon :)

n2x

e60/f10
If i may ask, did you change your golf to the clio without any financial loss? If so, how is it possible? Is there a 2 week ifyoudontlikeityoucanbringitback deal? If no, you must have a lot of money to buy a new car and sell it 2 weeks later, only to get another car and again, sell it after a couple of weeks :p

Cheerios!

RB 182
Are Renault really that stingy?

I work for Ford, and loads of cars miss their services and still get warranty, the only time we'd ever refuse warranty is if its missed a few services and the engine goes, but thats only because the engine is the only thing that benefits from a service!

Saying that though, we had a Transit towed in with a seized engine, and it was 5k over service due, so we sold him a service for £150, stamped his book, and fit him a new engine lol

Anyway, back on topic, id have gone for the 182 :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
reanult state they have a 1k tolerance, so its essentially 2, but in my expierence most dealers are pretty sensible about it.

Clio 200 FF
some1 please tell me i've gone for thr right car :)

i've lost £1k on the golf which is a bugger but the Clio is 1 year old and has dropped £4k with only 4000 miles on it so the main depreciation has already happened.
It'll have 2 years warranty left to run, it's having it's 1st service done before i pick it up and 6 months tax so apart from fuel it should be free motoring?

Chocolate Bar™
To be honest if its a daily drive you've made the right choice due to insurance costs and maybe petrol HOWEVER, i've been driving around in a new shape clio 1.2 hire car, and the petrol consumption from it is shocking, only getting an average of about 42 MPG on the motorway, which i can almost get on my 172. From my old 1.2 i could get 55ish easily. Granted its a hire car so may be a one off, but i'd check it carefully.

On the plus side was a nice car to drive and obviously waranty is a bonus, and prob works out quite well if you got a good finance deal with it. Personally I would have gone for the diesel instead of the 1.6 if i was making that sort of decision, for me the new clio wont have enough advantages over the 182 for it to be a truely wise decision

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i'd have gone for the 182 personaly as for the mpg dif that would not have bothered me as i would have ragged the 1.6 with it being a slower car so mpg would have prob's been the same as the 182 lol

Middo how come you got a hire car what u getting done now?

Clio 200 FF
a 55 reg 182 for 7495?! bit of a no brainer really......especially from a dealer!

182 was at a garage (not main dealers) - rear bumper had been painted which was off putting, service missed by 3k so warranty void, battery and stop light were constantly on (faintly) and a lot of rattles.

It was a good price but i know i wouldn't have been happy with the niggles

If i may ask, did you change your golf to the clio without any financial loss? If so, how is it possible? Is there a 2 week ifyoudontlikeityoucanbringitback deal? If no, you must have a lot of money to buy a new car and sell it 2 weeks later, only to get another car and again, sell it after a couple of weeks :p

i lost £1k buying/ trading the Golf :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
As long as you're happy with it nothing else matters.

At the end of the day, you've got a brand new car plus all the bonuses that come with it, like warranty and not having to worry about MOTs for a while.

Chocolate Bar™
Middo how come you got a hire car what u getting done now?

Work have sent me miles away to work for 12 weeks, so they gave me a hire car to sweeten the deal. However my radiators blown so the car is off the road anyway for the time being, so couldnt have come at a better time really

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It wouldn't have affected the warranty to be fair. Has anyone ever had a dealer ask to see their service history before fulfilling a warranty claim? Naaaah hehe.

As long as you're happy with the deal, s'all that matters.

Dan