ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new cars - discounts ?

proton compact 1.3 GLi
was just wondering how much could you get knocked off a new clio.

im looking to buy a clio GT in september / october time but the price is a lil out of my range at £13,620.00 (on the website) but was wondering how much cheaper i could get the car for realistically?

looking to spend £160 - £180 tops over 5 years or what else could i get for my money?

insurance is a big factor as im 19 and insurance on a clio sport is megga ££££

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What are you after in a car? Thats alot of cash for a car, especially as its going to depreciate like jade goodys wedding dress!

proton compact 1.3 GLi
What are you after in a car? Thats alot of cash for a car, especially as its going to depreciate like jade goodys wedding dress!

a good moterway cruiser but one thats not to shy for speed/fun but a good set of comfy seats

and something i could spend a little time/money on i.e coilovers colour coding ect

Titanium 182
get a 172 and spend the rest on insurance ? or don't bother.

You will loose so much money on that car, same as insurance on a RS at 19 is burning money.

I pay £2k insurance and I'm 19. car was £6k. That saves you £5,620..

Or stick with yours until its even cheaper.

proton compact 1.3 GLi
also thought about getting a 1.2 tce and getting some recaros,coilover, and 197 grill

cheap cheap insurance !

G51 BEN
i agree with aluco...
if you get a clio sport from a garage you looking at 85-100 a month over 5 years with a finance rate of 5.75% fixed lets say (thats what they use at Arnold Clark) and then use the rest on insurance... you may be looking at between 2 and 3,000 a year with a big discount next year.

so lets say 5 for car and 3 for insurance....your looking at 8 thousand altogether.

or maybe just pay for car and insurance in cash with a loan from your bank? may be the best way.. after all, thats all car companies go through to lend you the money.

Sounds like you don't really have the money at the moment to buy a GT.
Maybe get yourself a 57 plate Dynamique SX? Probably cost you around 7 or 8 grand to buy and looks pretty good with it's bodykit and 16" alloys.

Another thing, do you seriously want to tie yourself up for five years on finance on a car you'll get bored of within two?

Finally paying 2k a year on insurance for a Clio is madness!

320d
For that amount of money there are so many better cars than a Clio GT. I fail to see the point in buying an average car brand new when you could get something a lot better if you get one a couple of years old but still mint.

For example for 14Kish you could get a 1 year old Reanultsport Megane 175, only group 13 insurance, faster and better handling than the GT and can be mapped to over 200bhp.

GW Clio 200
Peronsally if you definately want a new car i'd say if you can, save your money, wait another year or 2 and get an RS if you can/want. I'm 19, nearly 20 and was going to pick up my RS200 in a few weeks but i decided against it because where i had a part-ex and a deposit for the car i didnt have the money saved for the insurance and well driving 2 years lowest i can get it is £1250~ but thats with a ridiculous amount of excess and well with nothing being saved realistically for the car (saving for other things etc) i wouldnt be able to afford to pay out in event of any problems. So leaving it until next year, benefits of that, getting the exact car you want, having money saved for ins, and well ins only gets cheaper as you get older (unless of the obvious ofcourse).

Or ofcourse if you cant wait, as the guys here have said buy a 1*2 or something of the like. :rasp:

tce can be remaped to 125bhp which will help it along

theirs no point in huge debt for a car

the gt is a solid car but the rs is not much more money an is an even better car

im undecided i do fancy a gt but id doubt its going to feel enough of an upgrade for me

Last edited: