ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Cars (my 182 & mates 147 GTA)

Orange 182
It seems like I can't take a sh*t without my mate taking one cos as soon as I buy a new car he goes and gets one too lol! only joking mate - I know you'll read this ;)

Anyway here is our old and new cars

FROM THIS (my Arctic 182 and his Fabia VRs):

small_web_Kif_0367.jpg

web_IMG_1204.JPG

TO THIS (my Inferno 182 and his new Alfa 147 GTA):

web_IMG_4363.JPG

web_IMG_4007.JPG

web_IMG_4350.JPG

web_IMG_4344.JPG

Can't wait to get some photos of the two together... Orange and Black should look ace side by side :cool: The GTA sounds like a bloody Ferrari, its gorgeous!!! I'm still chuffed with my 182, but I might re-assess in 12 months hehe

Hope you like!

Last edited:
  Orange 182
6.3 secs to 60... top speed 155mph

Dont think theres much difference until you get to higher speeds tbh then the 147 would easily pull away.

Interior is lovely tho with nice Bose music system.

Orange 182
Yeah we said exactly the same thing about the plate... it looks like a proper beast from the front.

All it needs is a red light that flashes side to side like Nightrider lol

Really do like the Alfa 147 GTA, shame they always get bad press about breaking down etc.....

Orange 182
I felt a bit inadequate when he lifted the bonnet lol... his engine was massive with loads of shiny pipes. All I've got is a gay plastic engine cover lol.

Disastra Coupe
My Uncles had his GTA about 2month now. It's soooo nice. He let me drive it, and although im only 18 so not really driven all that many car's it was just sooooooooooooo stupidly quick, I couldn't believe it. Wish I had a 182 so we could go out for a play lol.

i could listen to those GTA's all day long. Was lucky enough to have a passenger ride in one last year.

Yum.

B-road bully
love the alfa 147, considering a 1.6 tspark when im 21.. insurance is high tho, and reliablity is conserning but its the closest i can get to a ferrari! thers no other car like an alfa imo

Ad

MK2 FRS
The GTA is summit special. Interior is awesome.

Theres summit special about inferno 182s as well.......

Renaultsport 220T
182 was much quicker round the TG track, in the hands of the Stig, I think.

;)

Alfa does look and sound wicked, though.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
the numberplate on your old arctic blue 182 must have been worth a few quid surely? OO04 OOO? i was trying to get SS55 SSS but its being auctioned at the dvla so will probably sell for loads, i was also considering SS55 HHH but again same problem!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Artic blue-inferno....Not a change i would have made...

Alfa's, italian style at its best. (hint hint "Autodelta")

i'm torn between buying a 182 and an alfa 147 GTA, i love them both, and for some strange reason insurance is cheaper on the alfa....

oh and where are those last photos taken?

133/225/CLS AMG
Good choice on colour mate, love the inferno 182s. I would say that coz my Megane is inferno lol!

The Alfa looks sweet as well, whats the power from one of them?? What kinda prices you looking at as well?

246 bhp through the front wheels! according to parkers an 03 plates is worth about £13k, but nearest one to me is up for £15k

Orange 182
Thanks for the comments, heres a few answers :)

I didn't change from Arctic to Inferno through choice (or greed lol) it was more of a case that I accidentally smashed the blue one up. I think I like both colours equally tbh.

That number plate on the Arctic was a photoshop i'm afraid ;)

My mate paid just just under 16k for the GTA but its an 04 with only 8000 miles on the clock and it is in mint condition! A bargain I'd say, considering you'd have to pay alot more to get something that looks and sounds so special, they're also quite rare.

Orange 182
Cheers :)

R20GRC: My mate does work for LogicaCMG his name is duncan and he's about 7 foot tall lol. He's working on the NPower project atm.

theduckeatspork: The last photos were taken at Daresbury park near Warrington.

Mercedes SLK350
You did the same as I did, Arctic Blue swapped for Inferno.

I also love Alfa Romeo, (had one a few years ago) today I had a sit in a new GT. What a stunning car.

RenaultSport clio 182
My mate has a 147 GTA and they are indeed very fast. The most impressive thing about them though is the way the power is delivered. put your foot down in 6th at 30 miles an hour and you still get launched up the road. I suppose thats what you get from 3.2 litres and 20 MPG. i was really impressed with the directness of the steering too, made me wish that the clios had a faster rack as you rarely have to use more than half a turn in the alfa.

320d M Sport
I love those alfa's, from what I've seen of them they should blow a clio away, specially when rolling? I'm guessing the 6.3secs to 60 is due to s**t traction?

Golf GTD
both looks nice cars.

Inferno is an awesome colour, easily the best alongside the Yellow 182, Acid Yellow is it?

Disastra Coupe
The Alfa's a mental drive. I drove my uncle's with the traction control on and that was daft enough. He reckons it's stupid with t/c off. But his has also been tuned to 290bhp! I'll try and get pic's... it's silver. Looks a tad nicer than black IMO, but still love black!

Orange 182
Cheers again for comments :)

As far as I know the NPower project is about consolidating all of the different systems into one system or something? He's based in Newcastle at the moment.

p.s. I think I got the price wrong he paid just under 17k, still a bargain tho!