ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New cat-back exhaust from MIJ Performance & engine problems...

Black-Gold 182
Hi all,

I finally bit the bullet and got a stainless steel cat-back system for my 182. Had a look around the area, and decided to go for a MIJ Performance one. Fitted ok (or so I thought), but I've discovered today that it's blowing from around one of the welds (which they discovered when I had it fitted, and said that they would fix it). I'm hoping it's just an oversight, but we'll see Friday, as that's when I'm taking it back in.

Also, I'm not sure if it's connected or not, because I did a full oil change, oil filter and spark plugs on Saturday, after having had the exhaust fitted, but my engine light came on earlier (the orange one in the bottom right of the display - flashing on and off). I switched the ignition off and restarted it, and it all appears ok. I'm hoping that it's just cause of the hole in the weld (the lamda sensor is right next to the junction). Could it be that welding it has knackered the sensor, or am I just fretting. Also, could a high oil level cause the engine light to flash (think my oil level is a little high, so taking it steady for a bit - no booting it until I've burnt a bit of oil off).

I'll post some pics (when Its stops raining) - went for some slightly oval tips, around the same size as the stock ones. Looks stock, but it has a definate burble to it - I'm glad I went for the semi-sport option and not the full sport - that'd be unbearable!