ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Civic Type R

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Back end is a bit 'try hard look at me' though....

honda-civic-type-r-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The only thing I don't like about that is the massive rear wing. Prefer more subtle designs these days.

Listerine & Poledo
Back end is a bit 'try hard look at me' though....

honda-civic-type-r-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Clearly not low enough, or enough toys hanging off the rear tow eye.
or enough stickers.
or enough exhausts

It is beyond try-hard, but thats what those yoof ricers want I guess.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
There's a billboard poster of this just down the road from my house,
I nearly rear ended the car in front looking at it and the only photo of it was this.

Certainly looks the part.

honda-civic-type-r-rear_0.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
V-tec turbo. Its going to be insanely epic

Are you sure?

Civic Type R engines and specs

we know it’s targeting an output in excess of 276bhp and 400Nm of torque from the Type R’s 2.0-litre turbocharged engine.

Previous Honda Civic Type R models have used the unique VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) engine, which uses different camshaft profiles to produce extra power when it's needed. This new model should be quicker and more efficient than before, thanks to the new turbo engine, but the character of the car will be different this time around.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/...15-price-release-date-and-specs#ixzz35NBta7Vk

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Are you sure?

Civic Type R engines and specs

we know it’s targeting an output in excess of 276bhp and 400Nm of torque from the Type R’s 2.0-litre turbocharged engine.

Previous Honda Civic Type R models have used the unique VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) engine, which uses different camshaft profiles to produce extra power when it's needed. This new model should be quicker and more efficient than before, thanks to the new turbo engine, but the character of the car will be different this time around.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/...15-price-release-date-and-specs#ixzz35NBta7Vk
oh right
I read ages ago it was going to be a v-tec turbo

nevertheless its going to be a awesome car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why are they using concept pictures to advertise a car that's not far away, the rear is now quite different. Love that bonnet vent if they keep it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry I meant a Type s. Similar to the black edition.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
one things for sure, it will go down with the youth as the ultimate, yet wont come close to the driver envolvement of a renaultsport!! just like the EP3

1.8 Civic EX
There's no confirmation that this is the real thing, apparently its a pre facelift civic with the new type r kit fitted.
IMG_20140925_130001.jpg

8d6f4986389201b65dc1dea4c40a4203.jpg

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
Too many wings and far too shouty.

Understaded performance ftw.

Also, FWD sucks balls. Massive dinosaur balls.

That wing is ridiculous. I love it. The 'horn' effect from the brake lights it pretty nifty too.

I'm sure I saw an ad for this in the cinema the other day - so hasn't it been announced yet?

Ah it was the concept..

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
Thing is... I think cars like these need to look aggressive and shouty. That's the type of car they are. I'd personally rather have the new Type-R over an Audi A3 any day of the week. (Providing the new Type-R is a good car, as I'm sure it will be!)