ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 200T EDC

Clio 200
Well long and short of this post is this

Had a GW Clio 200T EDC Lux on order for 5 weeks and was told by the dealer that i may not arrive till xmas as they are being built to order and also the factory is on shutdown at the moment

This created me an issue as i have sold my car last week and im in the last few days of ownership

I pretty much rang every dealer in the uk searching for a car the same spec that was physically in stock. I spoke to that many people i lost count and my head was turned to a pot noodle

Just as i was about the give up hope i spoke to a dealer who was happy to let me know that the colour and spec i wanted was down to the last 3 in the uk

So a phone call was made to Smiths of Peterborough and a deal was done. They matched what i was offered locally and was very hepfull

I went to see the car in the flesh today and my word i was impressed. Even the ever so cautious Emma was shocked on how well it wore the Glacier White (although i think she was more taken by the red seat belts)

Had another drive (a propper drive) and i was hooked again. genuinely didn't want to get out.

I could have had a Fiesta ST for less money but in fairness i didn't want another one. ive had 12 Fiestas in the past (7 of which ST) and didnt want anther ford. nothing against them just wanted something 'different'

I could have the car within the next 3 days but im waiting for the plate change (although i have just bought a great plate to go on it)

People who moan about the shift speeds are obviously comparing it to 458 Ferrari's or a MP4-12 McLaren as i found the shift speeds were instant

Parps on up-shift are great and the torque from 2000rpm is wicket. I love the induction noise too

Im looking forward to lower road tax and higher mpg. WIN!

s9on.jpg

2w36yb9.jpg

Thanks for reading

Kenny

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The new Clio is growing on me.

The only problem for me is that the sport doesn't look different enough from the standard model.

Enjoy it though! Bet it's a good laugh for a blast.

Looks good. Have they changed the gearbox software then? Every video I've seen shows a very noticeable delay between using the paddle and something happening. Certainly not instant from what I've seen.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
told by the dealer that i may not arrive till xmas as they are being built to order and also the factory is on shutdown at the moment

Great way to launch a new car Renault!

This thread is a bit of a relief to be honest, let's hope it's the first of many from new owners.

Particularly interesting that a long term fiesta at owner is converting against the current trend on here too.

Clio 200
Ive just had than many fiestas in the past i wanted something different

mind you this is my current car

300bgat.jpg

so im pretty used to the nippyness of the clio

Its not going to be everyones cup of tea but im really taken by the new one

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they look best in the spec like the one off the advert, awesome looking wee car

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Cant see the picture :( sounds nice and glad you found one.

I do wonder if Reno are realising them slower (for what ever reason) as clearly ST's are flying off the shelf and like the Focus RS expect to see lots and lots of the Fiesta ST compared to the 200.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 1.2 one as a rental for a few days. Couldn't believe how much room there was for the driver (none in the back).
It was really good and I was impressed but it, loved the touch screen system aswell although the sat nav wasn't as good as the one in my megane.
And it was painfully slow but I bet the 200 is bloody awesome.

Clio 200
yup

:)

mk 2 fiesta
mk5 fiesta
polo gti
mk5 fiesta
mk5 fiesta
mk6 fiesta
impreza p1
mk6 st
mk6 st
mk6 st
mk6 st
mk6 st
mk6 st 500
mk7 zs tdci
corsa vxr
mk7 zs mountune 140
focus st
clio 200
clio 200 tubo edc

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Are you the first person on CS to buy one? I can't think of anyone else atm.

Mines been on order since may expected delivery November because all options ticked delayed due to monitor 2 and RLink

Just updated tapatalk and its a pain hence double post

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I followed a Mk4 for a good few miles along a b-road this afternoon...obviously wasn't a 200T, but it reminded me why I originally wanted one so much...from behind they look fantastic.

Would still happily have one on the drive instead of the ST.