ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio ad

silver valver/hybrid
anyone seen it? just saw it on channel, 4 says "french car, British designers" never knew that one!

i'd guess they are just trying to change peoples perception of the brand

i've always seen renaults as cheap and french, as i'm guessing many others have

or perhaps they designed the new screw they use in the boot to hold town a small section of carpet :S

Not a Clio
what a sh*te advert.

They showed so little of the car it was untrue.

I said to my Mrs.. look that's the new clio, she looked up and watched and was non the wiser until the very end when they give you a brief shot.

The glimpes they do give aren't even flattering.

Lee

BMW M2C
Bryan said:
i'd guess they are just trying to change peoples perception of the brand

i've always seen renaults as cheap and french, as i'm guessing many others have

That's probably because they are well priced and made in France!!

If you've been in a new Megane you'll know how much better the build quality is compared to your old Clio. The new Clio moves that on even further. It's a lot of car for the money with a very good spec again. It was designed with us in mind as we buy a hell of a lot of Clios in the UK.

Advert looked okay, wasn't paying that much attention to be honest.

Golf GTI 1.8T
derv said:
anyone seen it? just saw it on channel, 4 says "french car, British designers" never knew that one!

would have been nice if they had designed the last one too, maybe then my window wipers might wipe the correct way for a right hand drive!! that gets right on my male breats!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee said:
That's probably because they are well priced and made in France!!

If you've been in a new Megane you'll know how much better the build quality is compared to your old Clio. The new Clio moves that on even further. It's a lot of car for the money with a very good spec again. It was designed with us in mind as we buy a hell of a lot of Clios in the UK.

Advert looked okay, wasn't paying that much attention to be honest.
ah so I see you are on the payroll now mate, well done! ;)

I didn't see the advert as i was out but the previous night they were advertiasing to watch specific channels at specifi times to catch this advert so it was a bit live a premiere, actually looking forward to seeing it now.

MKIII 138
though it was subtle and a good all round advert, it will win over joe public and we buy the most clio`s.

sure its not quite like the audi adverts lol but its a different target market. cheap and classy and i agree the newer renaults are better built than ever, with such cheap prices how could anyone compare to say a polo or golf ??? the clio will have autowipers, sutoheadlights, climate and 6 airbags as standard + a raft of other features, be safe and a good drive and comfortable with lowe cabin noise.

funnily enough BMW launched an advert about 2 months ago and the whole point of the advert was to tell people aobut their auto wipers lol ! my 172cup has them and that design is nearly 4 yrs old.

with reno you get more than you pay for with bmw you get good build as standard also but pay through the nose for small luxuires.

also with such cheap prices why would you need to keep a car thats built 10x as good as cars including bmw of 15-20 years ago more than 3yrs ! easliy good enough for the first adn second owner of the car.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yhe standard of the new clio seems very good !

after the renault weekend, sitting inside and playing about with the car it seemed a lto more solid then our buckets lol

Monaco 172 2/468
I was not too happy with the ad too, hardly any decent sustained shots of the car, although I do like it more and more :cool:

Yaris Hybrid
Saw the new Civic on the news yesterday coming off the line at Swindon.

When I look at the new Clio now it just does nothing for me. It's like when the 206 first came and made everything look obsolete over night, thats what the new Civic has done. I wouldn't look twice at the new Clio, it wasn't the most daring design as it was but now it just looks old hat.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I saw a demo car (new clio) when I was coming home from work last night. It was in silver and had lots of stickers on it I don't know what the engine was. I can't decide if I like it or not?. It just looks like a 206 to me

^^ dont see how you can say that, if pricing is anything like it was last time round, then they will be in two completely different price brackets.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
theduckeatspork said:
^^ dont see how you can say that, if pricing is anything like it was last time round, then they will be in two completely different price brackets.

and class sizes!!!