ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio GTR Limited Edition Model

Anyone seen it?

Cant seem to find anything online but the main dealer is advertising them in my local paper.

Look quite good, colour coded, bit of a bodykit and 17"s. Guessing its still a 1.2 16v @ £7995 too.

The girlfriend wants one when she saw it, shes got a 54plate 1.2 16v that shes been trying to blag me to mod for the last year! Spose it would save some hassle lol....

Our local dealership advertises Dynamiques in the papers weekly but always displays a picture of a 172 everywhere! So be cautious, its probably rubbish

No way Renault are doing a Clio on 17s as standard.

It does say on the bottom in small print model shown for illistration purposes only.

But it does say on the spec list, 17"s etc.

Ziel Nurburgring

Are neons washer jets and a coffee table nailed to the boot lid an option?

17s and a bodykit as standard? Reckon they might be tugging you mate

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i reckon they are DEFINETELY tugging your goolies

RS Megane DCi 175

Was gonna say it looks like the MS design kits - recognised the grill straight away.
Looks ok I guess - but its basically a modded Clio, and will have to be insured as one as its not a standard Renault model.

havent seen much bout this clio but if the 182 cup is anything to go by then this should be better.

must say there is a one of megane they did for the rockingham speed festival

just called them apparently its a standard model - that just they are doing - and you dont need to declare it as having any modifications. Dodgy....

Quote: Originally posted by theduckeatspork on 03 September 2005

just called them apparently its a standard model - that just they are doing - and you dont need to declare it as having any modifications. Dodgy....
Very, very dodgy

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

Quote: Originally posted by dkinsey666 on 02 September 2005

havent seen much bout this clio but if the 182 cup is anything to go by then this should be better.
in what way should it be better?

id rather have my arms chopped off and fed to me than drive or look at that thing

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 03 September 2005
lol trying to get rid of all the shells before the change over....

Car plants dont just stockpile shells you know. Virtually every car that comes out of body in white ends up going through trim and final. Its not unsual for a plant to churn out 800-1000 cars per day, 5 or 6 days a week, and seeing as the Clio is z top selling car I doubt many are going in to storage.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

tbh, without them gheeeey headlight covers and the spoiler it would look nice! easy to fix.......

Patty i have seen that car on e bay i no what u mean :sick::D

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 03 September 2005
looks sh*t

That explains why its got K-tec racing written all over it!

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 03 September 2005

in what way should it be better?

id rather have my arms chopped off and fed to me than drive or look at that thing

its not an upgrade on the 182... just a bodykitted 1.2 16v from renault!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

looks ok to me, atleast 18year olds can afford a kitted up car without the dodgy bodywork fitting associated with it! probably a dealer special

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 03 September 2005

feck me renault are now just cutting to the chase and offering a kevd up clio as standard
Why do you think Renault have anything to do with it? Just seems like this particular dealership wants to shift a load of 1.2 16Vs so they have bulk ordered the MS bodykit and are shifting it as a "GTR"!!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

oo oo does that mean because its called a GTR can people put skyline GTR badges on it?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

yeah probably charge £20 + vat +fitting lol

as for insurance it would all have to be declared as modified because its not factory standard its been fitted by the dealer, it happened to munday on here when he specd gordini stripes on his 182 cup it had to be declared because it wasnt factory standard

the dealer is telling people that you dont need to declare it as modified tho... hope the people that buy them have more sense, but i very much doubt that for some reason...

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i remember on watchdog a couple bought a nissan micra from a nissan franchise advertising a micra as a LE, they went to insure it and the insurers had no data on that particular model, so the insurers contacted nissan uk and nissan uk turned round and said no such model existed and was a dealer special, so the car had to be insured as modified because of different alloys and a very small body mods, best bet for potential buyers would be to ring your insurer and ask if they have it on their system and ask if anything would have to be declared

PMSL

Its just a dealer sticking a kit on a 1.2 to sell to 18 year olds.

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by theduckeatspork on 04 September 2005

the dealer is telling people that you dont need to declare it as modified tho... hope the people that buy them have more sense, but i very much doubt that for some reason...
lol me too!

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 04 September 2005

yeah probably charge £20 + vat +fitting lol

as for insurance it would all have to be declared as modified because its not factory standard its been fitted by the dealer, it happened to munday on here when he specd gordini stripes on his 182 cup it had to be declared because it wasnt factory standard
I was under the impression that any options - even factory fitted - had to be declared to an insurance company as it changes the spec of the vehicle from the standard version. Effectively even metallic paint should be declared.

Andrew