ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio (III) website

Mazda MX5 1.8

nice to see the pics have a 6speed box!

looks like its gonna be a bit pricey compared to the current one tho....... pitty!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

think they will have to be careful with the price - might put a lot of peeps off.

if the list is around the 17k mark i would def just go for the megane instead.

list price means nothing with a renault. ok the first year will see small reductions but seen as the clio is the biggest selling car of theirs in europe and they sell the most in the uk you can expect big big reductions. of course there will be a nice renault sport version and over the course of 5-6 yrs it will get a cup model / trophy model etc.. to boost flagging sales at the end of its life.

in the mean time all us 172/182 owners will have to suffer even more crippling depreciation and mite aswell just hang on to ours cars until the price drops and we have paid our finance off.

its good to see it looks nice and the interior is updated but i agree in terms of looks and interior it doesnt seem massivley different in terms of desirability i could see myself move onto a 182 with recaros or that but id probably choose an ultra cheap 182 next.

i can see the prices of used 182s dropping form £9500 cheapest (autotrader) to around £7500 within a fe months. and the likes of motorpoint/provider selling brand new last batch at £10,000 new or less !

btw given that a 182 is grp 16 they will want to keep the new RS the same i ould expect so power to weight would have to be the same. heavier new model but a bit more power.. would probably only pull away from a 182 at 120+ anyway. mite aswell save the cash and mod the 182 until the prices of the new model fall.. thats if its any good that is.

Yeah, I think when my warranty runs out, Id rather mod my engine to 200bhp than spend money on a car with the same performance. Not sure...time will tell.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 24 June 2005

Yeah, I think when my warranty runs out, Id rather mod my engine to 200bhp than spend money on a car with the same performance. Not sure...time will tell.
i think the new RS will sell loads as its been focused specifically at the uk market but the 182 is rarer as it was desgined for a more european taste.

i think the 182 will remain in peoples mind as a formidable funky cool car for some time after the new rs is out but inevitably is people swaped a 172 for a 182 then they will almost deffo swap a 182 for a 200.

bet all theses CTR Vs RS200 debates will start and then the new CTR will arrive and it will go on and on

2.0 175dci rs meggy

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 23 June 2005

nice to see the pics have a 6speed box!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gearbox will be the new TL4 - but i think it will only be on diesel to start of with (k9k using siemens not delphi injection)