ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio in 2003/04

Is there a new clio coming out in 2003/04? Ive seen references to this in several articles and reviews, but no actual details. Im taking delivery of a cup in a month and Id hate to see a new model launched the same year. Any info?

Cheers, P

Renault Laguna Coupe

It wont be until well into 2004. If it was going to be this year it would have been announced at the Geneva show along with the Megane.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

will be shown in concept form mid year 2004

and then on sale early 2005

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

arnt renault uk sposed to be selling the twingo in the uk this year ??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah thats the news i have heard its based on the latest micra and is due late 2003

tHthere is no way this shape clio will go for another 2 years - its already had a facelift (major) the new shape will be released end of this year at the latest! The cup/V6 Mk2 are I believe the last incarnations of the Renault sport brand - next model to have Renault sport graced on their rear end will be the Megane !

So the clio will no longer be the smallest car...is it going to be like seat where they have an arosa, seat and leon (we will have twingo, clio, megane)??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 13 March 2003

tHthere is no way this shape clio will go for another 2 years - its already had a facelift (major) the new shape will be released end of this year at the latest! The cup/V6 Mk2 are I believe the last incarnations of the Renault sport brand - next model to have Renault sport graced on their rear end will be the Megane !

tim sorry but i work in the industry

even jeremy townsend (the clio brand manager for the uk) says the clio will go on until 2005

yea-thats it, twingo is a fun little car but i duno if the old shape wil sell so wel, if they have a new 1 i think it would as introducing an old shape to a country and claiming its new wont work

The new clio will be the same as the new micra - ask renault therefore does that not tell you something...............like new clio = very soon seeing as new micra is already here? And you dont have to work in the industry tom to have inside information all you need is friends there and love!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no the new twingo will be the same as the new micra

the clio is bigger than the micra although it wil share parts with it when it goes on sale in 2005/late 2004

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 13 March 2003

no the new twingo will be the same as the new micra

the clio is bigger than the micra although it wil share parts with it when it goes on sale in 2005/late 2004
think u have confused us there tom - it wont be the same as the micra but it will share parts? I thought you said the twingo will share the micra platform - its therefore more likely to share parts also?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok

Twingo shares engines and parts and other platform related bits and bobs

Clio shares engines and parts but has a longer wheelbase and more engines

platform doesnt mean they use the same floorpan or even any metalwork it just means components and parts

Clio continues as is until well into 2005. The pics in AUto Express are nothing like it. The Twingo is being sold in France until 2006 and its replacement may come to the UK