ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio owner [Sheffield-Derby]

x86

BMW 330Ci, Clio 1.5
Hi guys after looking at this forum for a while I decided to join! I finally bought my first diesel - 1.5 dCI 100. It's been a learning experience.

My other car is a BMW 330Ci which I have had for 3 years, it was meant to be a weekend car but change of job meant I could use it everyday! Believe it or not it can achieve 40mpg (calculated no computer reading) on long journeys. However as my job changed and roadworks began on the M1. That mpg dropped to 25mpg. Also a friend of mine has the same clio but remapped and on a rolling start I couldn't shake him off in the 330, but off a drag race it was no match.

I looked at Alfa 147's and Alfa GT jtd models but they were all thrashed to within death for the price. The clio seemed a good choice for the mileage I'm doing now. The clio I got has minimal service history - 140,000 miles on the clock. My question is what should i get done?

Im thinking of getting the following work done:
  • cambelt
  • water pump
  • thermostat?

I've never owned a diesel so I have no idea were to start...any help will be appreciated. :approve: Will upload pics when I get it washed.

Thanks

x86

BMW 330Ci, Clio 1.5
Thanks Brian.

Look forward to this forum, seems a lot more down to earth than the BMW forums.

Mike

340i
hi x86, Welcome to the Forum!

Plenty of local members between Derby and sheffield (including me!) where abouts do you live?

I can recommend Diamond Motors, MicKPM on the Forum. He is based in Long Eaton and is highly regarded here for any work on your Renault: http://www.diamondmotors.net/

x86

BMW 330Ci, Clio 1.5
I just want to service it well and make sure the car keeps ticking normally. The service history that came with the car is a bit suspect...also is it normal for smoke to come out of the car when I floor it in 5th gear?

I live in Derby (Chaddesden) and Sheffield (City) depending on work.

2004 1.5 DCi 100
....also is it normal for smoke to come out of the car when I floor it in 5th gear?

I got my DCi 100 with 140k miles on it too. I got full service history with it but I'm still working through it, refreshing everything. Smoke when you boot it is common and has been dicussed at length on here. I had it and I've changed the fuel filter, EGR valve and put some injector cleaner through it. Doesn't do it so much now, just a little when I really go for it ;) These are great little cars. Just paid £30 for a full years road tax :D and it will do 60+ mpg and goes like a train. Perfect car for these times :approve:

x86

BMW 330Ci, Clio 1.5
I got my DCi 100 with 140k miles on it too. I got full service history with it but I'm still working through it, refreshing everything. Smoke when you boot it is common and has been dicussed at length on here. I had it and I've changed the fuel filter, EGR valve and put some injector cleaner through it. Doesn't do it so much now, just a little when I really go for it ;) These are great little cars. Just paid £30 for a full years road tax :D and it will do 60+ mpg and goes like a train. Perfect car for these times :approve:

I second that bit about fuel economy, is yours remapped? I was considering it but I would obviously need to upgrade some of the components along with it.

2004 1.5 DCi 100
No, not remapped, don't feel the need. This little car is more than adequate to play with (and sometimes embarrass) the big boys. Lots of low down grunt and go kart handling :)