ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Was at renault on sat and was looking to get rid of the trophy for a 200.

Speaking to the sales man he pulls out a booklet that they got in this week and there is a limited edition clio 200 called the "Silverstone GP" and only 50 are being made for the Uk market.

Now torn between keeping the Trophy, Getting a AG 200 or going for the new 200 Silverstone GP

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The new GP is nothing exciting, in fact I don't think it gets anything that cant be specced from the factory.

Sales guy was bigging it up like it was the best clio yet but after looking at the options you can get with the 200 i can see that you can almost have every option you want.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
what does AG stand for? :eek:

Alien Green

DSC00551.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i wonder why the salesman was bigging it up :rasp: to get you to trade the trophy in and make a deal perhaps? id stick with the trophy personally

Merc
Silverstone GP is just a silver clio specced up, and silver is meh. Im gonna be a bit biased, have you seen pearlescent white in person on a 200? It is stunning and looks perfect with the black roof like mine. I haven't seen AG in person so can't comment, I can comment though on albi blue which I have seen in person and think that it is underrated. With black wheels, dark tints it was very nice, even had a cup spoiler which is not my cup of tea but it looked good.

Take one for a test drive and see what you feel, thats the best advice I can give you. Your car is as fast and has the similar toys id think but nothing beats new car smell.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im due to take a 200 out this week to see how it drives and how it is suspension wise compaired to the trophy.

The other half thinks i should keep the Trophy also as she says she see's alot of 200s and they all look the same but she would say that as she wants a Twingo 133.

Untill i have taken the 200 out i cant really decide but i know im not going for the GP even tho there is only 50 of them

Merc
Good man. If I am honest is a 200 much of an upgrade? Personally I think that I wouldn't upgrade from a clio to another (newer) clio in the future, I would be willing to upgrade considerably if financially possible. I would go back to a Scooby, but would have to be the STI this time. Or the meg250. Do a list of pros and cons or what you have and what the 200 offers above that and see what out weighs what. Not pouring cold water just giving my insight, note that I love my 200!! and look forward to spending good times with it.

You'll get a strong feel once you drive it. In the heat of the moment you might want to strike a deal but try a few other cars.

Da

Less
This above comment does not fill me with mush hope of the 200

Ignore it, the 200's are worlds apart from the Mk2's.

Personally I've never driven a T, but the 200 is far superior to the 182 that I owned for nearly 4 years!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I can say my 182 will be my first and last renault. Dont get me wrong I enjoy it when its not acting the goat. Are you dead set on renault or would you consider other cars on the market...

Clio 182 Trophy
I have just sold my 200 and gone back to a trophy. the 200 is much more refined and a better everyday car... the trophy is more like a go kart and more fun on a spirited drive I find.

Also, there feels to be no speed gain in the 200.. if anything it feels slightly slower.... but my Trophy has a Milltek and is remapped which might explain it.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I want to stick with the clio range as i have another 3 cars so i want something small and quick and as i love the trophy i thought that maybe the 200 would be the next step up but from what i have seen maybe the grass is not greener on the other side and i should stay with the trophy.

As i say i will take the 200 out on the test drive and see how it is and how quick it is to the trophy and hat the handling is like.

Merc
All we can do is give our opinions but at the end of the day it's what you feel and like. Take some of the comments onboard but don't let us make the decission for you.

When I stuck my thread up about getting a 200 most of the comments were negative, but still I bought it and don't regret it a bit!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just off the phone to Renault and the delivery on a new 200 in black is sitting there so at 5pm i have to go up for a test drive.

BMW E34 540i
Just off the phone to Renault and the delivery on a new 200 in black is sitting there so at 5pm i have to go up for a test drive.

This is what I did. Went for a test drive and ended up buying the Gordini. Love at first sight /drive ;)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Went up tonight but was too late to take it out, had a good look round it and there is a couple of things I really can't stand. Booked in for Monday night to take it out for a while.
When sitting in it I much prefer the Trophy dash to the 200 dash